Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 8:04 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mary Jane may not be able to ride
Mary Jane may not be able to ride
Oral fluid testing for marijuana intoxication/DUI. 91% accuracy rate. 

I could be late to the show.

http://injuryprevention.bmj.com/content/...016-042264
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Mary Jane may not be able to ride
I don't smoke anyway.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 5, 2017 at 8:57 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Oral fluid testing for marijuana intoxication/DUI. 91% accuracy rate. 

91% accuracy is a lot of room for error, though it is substantially better than the completely unscientific blood tests used in WA state today.
(June 5, 2017 at 9:11 am)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote:
(June 5, 2017 at 8:57 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Oral fluid testing for marijuana intoxication/DUI. 91% accuracy rate. 

91% accuracy is a lot of room for error, though it is substantially better than the completely unscientific blood tests used in WA state today.

Yeah, but 91% is enough to fuck up your day(s).
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I believe the test George Carlin proposed is the gold standard.

The cop pulls you over, walks up to your vehicle, and pulls out a bag of Cheetos . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Does the test have 8% false positive? For a rare condition such a false positive rate makes a test entirely useless to show a person is positive. If say one out of 10 tested people is on average expected to be positive, a test with an 8% false positive rate means a positive result is as likely due to false alarm as it is a true positive result. So it really hinges on prior probability whether such a test is of any use to show a person is positive. Excluding the condition can still be more reliable which can have its uses, but the person using the test must be aware that this only goes one way...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I think that police depts will use it for as long as people put up with it...but there really does need to be a better a field sobriety test for weed, to determine whether or not someone's currently incapacitated.  Otherwise, they're fishing for an extra charge, for example.  The test doesn't show that you are impaired, only that you're a toker. 

Ultimately, i'd say that they already provide enough accuracy to detain a person on suspicion (provided that they actually were driving suspisciously, lol..fucking cops).  I'd draw the line at field sobriety checkpoints that take blanket swabs and write down the license plate number- which is where it would go.  A revenue dragnet.

But.,,,,how do we implement the one without facilitating the other?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(June 5, 2017 at 10:23 am)Khemikal Wrote: I think that police depts will use it for as long as people put up with it...but there really does need to be a better a field sobriety test for weed, to determine whether or not someone's currently incapacitated.  Otherwise, they're fishing for an extra charge, for example.  The test doesn't show that you are impaired, only that you're a toker. 

Currently, Washington state uses a blood test to measure blood levels of THC. Maybe you know this already. Problem with that is, there's actually no science to indicate what level is impairing, and perhaps even worse, regular users have a high tolerance and can have a positive result after not imbibing for weeks or longer. Obviously that would not be impairing in the least. I expect that if I were tested to that I'd test positive regardless of whether I'm impaired.

The state is no doubt aware of this but persists in the charade.

Personally, I think we need a workable standard to serve both the interests of justice and safety. The one we have isn't it.
Me too, I'm token all day eryday.  As it stands, that puts a person between a rock and a hard place - where, if forced to defend themselves, a person would have to implicate themselves in some other crime.  

It's convenient for the state from any angle.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Will The Orange Fucktard Be Able To Control Himself? Minimalist 25 2473 August 28, 2018 at 11:21 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Crooks They May Be - But Not Bad Judges of Character Minimalist 3 424 May 22, 2018 at 12:49 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  On Fox: "Trump could beat Jesus and Mary in 2020" Fake Messiah 12 1659 January 11, 2018 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: CapnAwesome
  Nuclear Launch Order May Be Disobeyed AFTT47 25 2463 November 20, 2017 at 2:38 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 11708 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
  John Oliver's Take on Theresa May's Disaster Minimalist 4 1458 June 12, 2017 at 6:16 pm
  Looks Like The WLB May Have Prematurely Ejaculated in Saudi Arabia Minimalist 6 1587 June 7, 2017 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  US may launch strike if North Korea moves to test nuclear weapon Aegon 53 6215 April 18, 2017 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Trump may be getting bored with the job already Amarok 18 4436 April 2, 2017 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Norma McCorvey, "Jane Roe" in Roe v. Wade abortion case, dead at 69 c172 1 973 February 18, 2017 at 6:29 pm
Last Post: Catholic_Lady