Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 8:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Whats your opinion on Michio Kaku?
Whats your opinion on Michio Kaku?
Now always found it fun pondering on how the future might be like and recently I have come across The futurist Michio Kaku who have written quite a phew books on the the subject however I am somewhat skeptical about some of his claims, Do you think he knows what he is talking about Or is he just trying to please The star trek fans like myself.
RE: Whats your opinion on Michio Kaku?
He's not a good skeptic, and a bit of a self promoter. Listen to his appearance on the SGU podcast a coupla years ago and you'll know what I mean.

He's also not really a futurist, he's a string theorist...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 6, 2017 at 1:54 pm)snerie Wrote: Now always found it fun pondering on how the future might be like and recently I have come across The futurist Michio Kaku who have written quite a phew books on the the subject however I am somewhat skeptical about some of his claims, Do you think he knows what he is talking about Or is he just trying to please The star trek fans like myself.

I've seen a few things he's been in and mostly go away thinking he is full of shit. He has wild speculative rides of fantasy based on very little.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

He's a fucking idiot and I'm considerably smarter than him by a long shot.

Don't care about his qualifications, don't care if he is a highly qualified physicist . Don't care about his I.Q. Don't care about his knowledge or education.

Anyone who thinks that Quantum Indeterminism could ever logically legitimize Metaphysical Libertarian Free-Will is a fucking moron. Period.
Does he really think that?
Yeah... or he's an outright liar.
Do you have any any source?

(June 6, 2017 at 2:21 pm)snerie Wrote: Do you have any any source?
Yeah..he seems like someone who is supremely well-versed in a specific area, but then extrapolates outside of that area into some pretty wild flights of fancy that he has no way to support.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
A bit of a kook but seems like a nice guy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I liked him in Conan the Barbarian.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Michio Kaku chimp3 16 3620 June 30, 2016 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: Alex K
  Michio Kaku Napoléon 12 3736 February 15, 2012 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Nebuloso