Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:24 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hi everyone. I've been reading over this forum for a few years, but never registered. I come from another atheist forum that's a little dead right now, so I thought I'd make an account for this one.

I'm an atheist living in Canada. 30 year old male and I've been an atheist since the age of 15 when I gave up Christianity. I'd call myself liberal (Trudeau voter), but I'm also pro-gun rights, so I assume I'll be confused as a right winger from time to time. I'm anti-SJW, but not anti-social justice (I'm not anti-immigration or anti-trans or anything like that, and I don't deny that blacks are disadvantaged in comparison to whites and Asians), but I'm against all the microagression, pro-censorship, safe space, anti-white racism that the snowflakes are pushing.

I'm glad Trump is in office and if Bernie doesn't run next time around, I hope Trump gets a full eight years. Don't take that as me being pro-Trump though. He could turn out to be the worst President ever and I understand that Clinton would have been a better President, but I think the current Dem establishment is unacceptable and that people should let that be known with their vote. Just wanted to clear that up so people don't confuse me for someone who actually agrees with Trump.

I can see that there are a lot of bright posters here, so I look forward to discussion and having my views challenged.
RE: New Member
Welcome to the forum. Have a nice stay.
What other atheist forum did/do you frequent?
"If we go down, we go down together!"
- Your mum, last night, suggesting 69.
[Image: 41bebac06973488da2b0740b6ac37538.jpg]-
Hello, welcome!

You're interesting, hope you stick around.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Atheistforums.com is the other forum. I like it there but there has not been much discussion going on recently. I'm still going to stick around there though and post both there and here.
Welcome FFaith, I hope you enjoy yourself here.

Sent from my LGL52VL using Tapatalk
Hi Ffaith
I would love to be Canadian at this pointSmile
Glad your here.
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy 

Hi, F. My aunt and uncle expatted from Seattle to Vancouver, BC about 10 years ago and quite like it. They seem to like Justin a lot. I've only ever been to Calgary, and that was in '92. But, just as Japan has its weeaboos, I turned into a canadaboo of sorts. Got to watch a lot of Canadian imports on Nickelodeon in the 80's. I went completely batty when I arrived in Calgary. I thought it was freaking great.

Anyhow, enough of my weirdness. Welcome. I used to post at .com as well. Seemed a bit cliquish, which is an OK thing if you know how to fit in everywhere, but alas...
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
Greetings, FF.

I used to be at AF.com but gave it up because the board software was awful.

Enjoy yourself here.
Welcome to the forum. If I may ask, who is that in your avatar?

(June 9, 2017 at 4:32 pm)FFaith Wrote: Atheistforums.com is the other forum. I like it there but there has not been much discussion going on recently. I'm still going to stick around there though and post both there and here.

I have an account over there. Haven't used it in a while.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 9, 2017 at 4:45 pm)c172 Wrote: Hi, F. My aunt and uncle expatted from Seattle to Vancouver, BC about 10 years ago and quite like it. They seem to like Justin a lot. I've only ever been to Calgary, and that was in '92. But, just as Japan has its weeaboos, I turned into a canadaboo of sorts. Got to watch a lot of Canadian imports on Nickelodeon in the 80's. I went completely batty when I arrived in Calgary. I thought it was freaking great.

Anyhow, enough of my weirdness. Welcome. I used to post at .com as well. Seemed a bit cliquish, which is an OK thing if you know how to fit in everywhere, but alas...

Sadly I've only left Ontario a couple times. Both times to go to Michigan. Maybe I'll see some more of Canada some day.

(June 9, 2017 at 4:57 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: Welcome to the forum.  If I may ask, who is that in your avatar?

(June 9, 2017 at 4:32 pm)FFaith Wrote: Atheistforums.com is the other forum. I like it there but there has not been much discussion going on recently. I'm still going to stick around there though and post both there and here.

I have an account over there.  Haven't used it in a while.

It's the GOAT Miley Cyrus.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  new member asswriter 8 255 April 12, 2024 at 11:45 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Member Photos Tiberius 20280 4490521 April 11, 2024 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  New member MistMuse 7 287 April 2, 2024 at 5:32 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  New member Jillybean 19 631 March 4, 2024 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member titanif 8 874 October 10, 2023 at 7:09 pm
Last Post: MR. Macabre 666
  [Serious] Hi. Previous member here. I'm so sorry. Steelfist 2 659 September 21, 2023 at 5:00 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New member PaulC 13 1383 August 13, 2023 at 7:50 pm
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  New member Dansup 9 1198 April 1, 2023 at 3:44 am
Last Post: Goosebump
  long time atheist, new member BloodyHeartland 17 2092 February 6, 2022 at 12:36 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  New Member johndoe122931 21 2667 June 2, 2021 at 7:06 am
Last Post: no one