Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 3:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
'Facebook blasphemer' given death penalty
'Facebook blasphemer' given death penalty
A man accused of posting blasphemous content to Facebook has been sentenced to death by a court in Pakistan.

Taimoor Raza was convicted after allegedly posting remarks about the Prophet Muhammad, his wives and companions within the site's comments.
The public prosecutor involved said he believed it was the first time the death penalty had been awarded in a case related to social media.
Human rights campaigners have expressed concern.
Facebook itself has yet to comment on the case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-40246754

If Muhammad doesn't like it let him complain!
The meek shall inherit the Earth, the rest of us will fly to the stars.

Never underestimate the power of very stupid people in large groups

Arguing with an engineer is like wrestling with a pig in mud ..... after a while you realise that the pig likes it!

RE: 'Facebook blasphemer' given death penalty
Quote:Pakistan's Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif has described blasphemy as being an "unpardonable offence".

Against..?

Like I say, this pathetic abrahamic god - like all gods - is the least powerful thing in the Universe. It can't even take offence by itself.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
Wow, pakistan is more of a hell hole than i realized...

I sincerely hope there's some sensible people there who can stop this madness
Quote:To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty.
- Lau Tzu

Join me on atheistforums Slack Cool Shades (pester tibs via pm if you need invite) Tongue

(June 12, 2017 at 12:23 pm)Aoi Magi Wrote: Wow, pakistan is more of a hell hole than i realized...

I sincerely hope there's some sensible people there who can stop this madness

I fear Pakistan is more of a hell hole than we can imagine . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

No surprises from a shit hole like Pakistan.

When I read this in the news I came very close to sending a really blasphemous email to the Pakistan embassy
Dying to live, living to die.
I'm going to see if I can VPN to a Pakistan server, create a fb account and unleash hell on their god also.
Baby steps first.... I'll test the waters by saying their god has a big nose and take it from there.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 12, 2017 at 10:51 pm)ignoramus Wrote: I'm going to see if I can VPN to a Pakistan server, create a fb account and unleash hell on their god also.
Baby steps first.... I'll test the waters by saying their god has a big nose and take it from there.

And is hung like a Ken doll.
Dying to live, living to die.
zebo-the-fat Wrote:If Muhammad doesn't like it let him complain!

Good point.  Why do people have to think and act for a deity? If a man is to be religiously judged, then why not allow him to be judged by his deity?

blasphemy laws
a law to protect the magical sky daddy because he/she/it doesn't have the power to protect itself from harmful words....
abrahamic religions are a fucking cult...
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>
(June 12, 2017 at 11:08 pm)Kernel Sohcahtoa Wrote:
zebo-the-fat Wrote:If Muhammad doesn't like it let him complain!

Good point.  Why do people have to think and act for a deity? If a man is to be religiously judged, then why not allow him to be judged by his deity?

Part of being in the "club" means you have divine authority to speak on behalf of your subscribed cosmic fairy about any matters which you God is not happy about. Doh! Bow Down
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Iran dancing couple given 10-year jail sentence zebo-the-fat 11 1816 February 19, 2023 at 2:19 pm
Last Post: Leonardo17
  Oklahoma Muslim Beheader's Facebook Page is All About Islam mralstoner 10 2560 September 28, 2014 at 7:10 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Muslim given 60 days jail for honor killing Ksa 10 3016 May 25, 2014 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sharia Comes to London and is given the Boot JesusHChrist 7 3255 December 11, 2013 at 4:56 pm
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  Should Islam be given more credit... Sami_23 27 9484 January 4, 2013 at 11:50 am
Last Post: TheCreator
  Facebook evil, or maybe not. New Iranian Fatwa. Anymouse 13 4381 October 17, 2011 at 6:32 am
Last Post: fr0d0