Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 11:44 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Otto Warmbier, Student Imprisoned By North Korea Has Died
Otto Warmbier, Student Imprisoned By North Korea Has Died
Just breaking on the news. Otto Warmbier, the student who was imprisoned by North Korea for 17 months and returned to the U.S. in a coma has died.

Quote:WASHINGTON, June 19 (Reuters) - U.S. student Otto Warmbier, who was imprisoned in North Korea for 17 months before being returned home in a coma less than a week ago, has died in a Cincinnati hospital, his family said in a statement on Monday.

"Unfortunately, the awful torturous mistreatment our son received at the hands of the North Koreans ensured that no other outcome was possible beyond the sad one we experienced today," the family said in a statement following Warmbier's death at 2:20 p.m. EDT (1820 GMT) at the University of Cincinnati Medical Center.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/otto-wa...spartandhp
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
RE: Otto Warmbier, Student Imprisoned By North Korea Has Died
another set of parents burying a son always gets to me, regardless of the circumstances
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That's a shame.

My thoughts are with his family.

I'm honestly at a loss of what further action, short of war, can be taken against North Korea.

I still think that international pressure on China to do something about their unstable ally on the doorstep is the best move. But China will likely just ignore it anyway.
Dying to live, living to die.
and it's nothing compared to what they're doing to their own in NK
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

That sucks. His parents at least are able to give him a funeral. Few that have kids that die in NK's prisons are able to do that.
Horrible event. The North Koreans beat him into a coma, denied medical assistance for far too long and shipped a failing soon-to-be corpse back home.

This was intentional on their part. I was incredulous that any American has any access to North Korea - it is hostile territory, has no trade with us (which normalizes relations) and has a long history of petty barbarism towards its own people.

Whomever aids and abets visits to North Korea should be stopped and put out of business. They preyed upon their customers and exposed them to grave danger. Warmbier should be the last American the North Koreans ever get their criminal hands on.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/06/19/nyreg...c=rss&_r=0

Oh.  Naturally.

Quote: The two most recent detainees, Kim Hak-song and Kim Sang-duk — who is also known as Tony Kim — are Korean-Americans who worked for the Pyongyang University of Science and Technology. The private university was founded with money from Christian evangelicals and offers English-based teaching for North Korean elites.

Some jesus freak puts up the money as long as some other dumb schmuck risks his life!
Having died so quickly after returning to the US, I doubt that he was in a coma for as long as NK stated.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Trump has some fucking nerve commenting on him considering Trump implied he admired Un's swiftness on taking care of things during his run.

Same thing with commenting on the Navy distroyer. Attacks the service of two vets during his run, and is running for a party that in the past  blocked 5 veterans bills.
The name is Kim, not Un.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  North & South Korea conflict neil 13 716 January 16, 2024 at 10:41 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  This has to be the most chilling thing he has done. Brian37 29 1658 September 8, 2020 at 9:40 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  North Korea executed envoy for the failed summit with Trump. Anomalocaris 26 2127 June 2, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  North Carolina orders new election. Brian37 4 568 February 22, 2019 at 5:46 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  North By North Numbnuts, accomplishment. Brian37 7 1750 December 20, 2018 at 12:44 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Swedish student prevents the deportation of an immigrant WinterHold 0 330 July 26, 2018 at 2:20 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Stephen Hawking has died at the age of 76. Jehanne 203 24072 April 28, 2018 at 12:43 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Charles Jenkins has died Sterben 0 437 December 13, 2017 at 10:26 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  BREAKING: North Korea Has Just Fired Another Ballistic Missile A Theist 31 7468 November 30, 2017 at 1:54 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  I Hate To Agree With North Korea Minimalist 5 849 November 1, 2017 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist