Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:07 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Georgia's 6th Congressional District Election
Georgia's 6th Congressional District Election
Today is election day in the 6th District for Congress.  The 6th comprises northern Fulton, northern DeKalb, and northeast Cobb Counties.

This district has been a Republican stronghold since President Carter.  Trump won here by a slim margin.  I have been watching  the ads on WSB-TV, which is an ABC affiliate.  Karen Handel, the Republican, has been targeting Jon Ossoff, the Democrat, as being just another evil Liberal.  Snooty-ass bitch has been called out by Ossoff for using tax-payer dollars to pay for office chairs, jet trips, and an expensive luxury car.  Ossoff has been largely positive in his ads while Handel has been hitting below the belt.  I am hoping the people of the 6th have the good sense to vote in Ossoff.  This is a tight race.

Live Updates, Georgia’s 6th District special election in the spotlight: http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/20/...-election/
"The price of freedom is eternal vigilance."--Thomas Jefferson
RE: Georgia's 6th Congressional District Election
(June 20, 2017 at 4:46 pm)Secular Elf Wrote: Today is election day in the 6th District for Congress.  The 6th comprises northern Fulton, northern DeKalb, and northeast Cobb Counties.

This district has been a Republican stronghold since President Carter.  Trump won here by a slim margin.  I have been watching  the ads on WSB-TV, which is an ABC affiliate.  Karen Handel, the Republican, has been targeting Jon Ossoff, the Democrat, as being just another evil Liberal.  Snooty-ass bitch has been called out by Ossoff for using tax-payer dollars to pay for office chairs, jet trips, and an expensive luxury car.  Ossoff has been largely positive in his ads while Handel has been hitting below the belt.  I am hoping the people of the 6th have the good sense to vote in Ossoff.  This is a tight race.

Live Updates, Georgia’s 6th District special election in the spotlight: http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2017/06/20/...-election/
The New Yorker is calling this a test for Trumpism.
If Ossoff wins I am going to be shocked. I think he was winning in the polls for a while but I won't believe it until I see it for myself.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
It's fucking Georgia.  I have no faith in the electorate.
Handel wins I'm blaming (crediting?) the last attack ad featuring Kathy Griffin . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I wonder how many Amercians the Republitraitors disenfranchised to "win" this one.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Handel wins, 52-48 percent. So far this year the Dems have lost every special election. Another coming soon in South Carolina and it's predicted they'll lose that one too. Democrats thought they could capitalize on the president's low job approval ratings. That didn't turn out the way the Dems wanted. Congress's job approval ratings are even lower than the president's. No democratic presidential candidate has won that Georgia district since Jimmy Carter. The fact that Ossoff didn't live in that district and the fact that the huge amount of his campaign donations poured in from California and Hollywood didn't help him either. The Dems lost their largest voting base in the general election. The far left rioting on campuses and the media's constant attacks on Trump, the continual investigations, and the Dems are still losing elections. Go figure. Blame Trump all you want. It's the Dems who continue to fuck up and lose.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
(June 21, 2017 at 4:41 am)A Theist Wrote: Handel wins, 52-48 percent. So far this year the Dems have lost every special election. Another coming soon in South Carolina and  it's predicted they'll  lose that one too. Democrats thought they could capitalize on the president's low job approval ratings. That didn't turn out the way the Dems wanted. Congress's job approval ratings are even lower than the president's. No democratic  presidential candidate has won that Georgia district since Jimmy Carter. The fact that Ossoff didn't live in that district and the fact that the huge amount of his campaign donations poured in from California and Hollywood didn't help him either. The Dems lost their largest voting base in the general election. The far left rioting on campuses and the media's constant attacks on Trump, the continual investigations, and the Dems are still losing elections. Go figure. Blame Trump all you want. It's the Dems who continue to fuck up and lose.

Easy there Tiger. There are still mid terms and an investigation going on whether Trump was obstructing justice. Which is an impeachable offense.

[Image: 1r95y6.gif]

[Image: 1rb9xg.gif]
(June 21, 2017 at 4:41 am)A Theist Wrote: Handel wins, 52-48 percent. So far this year the Dems have lost every special election. Another coming soon in South Carolina and  it's predicted they'll  lose that one too.

Every one is called a referendum on Trump by the MSM...until the Republican wins. It would be interesting to have a Dem win in SC or somewhere else just to see the MSM trumpet it as a repudiation of Trump, ignoring all the Rep wins. We all know they'd do it.

Interesting tweet from a Dem: "This is why Democrats eventually move out of red states to progressive blue states." I don't know if this is really happening, but if so, it shows that they don't understand the electoral college. Running up the margin in CA and NY doesn't help.
Let's see what happens after the Republicans pass their Health Care Bill.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2024 US Presidential Election Thumpalumpacus 1060 49052 Yesterday at 5:08 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Kevin McCarthy loses 6th vote for Speaker Brian37 111 4811 January 7, 2023 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: Jehanne
  Congressional Term Limits Aristocatt 30 2819 January 2, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  Mail in voting/ and election day. Brian37 6 793 October 25, 2020 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING:Trump refuses to commit to a peaceful transition of power after Election Day WinterHold 97 5346 October 2, 2020 at 1:50 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  IIhan Omar wins Minnesota Congressional Primary Foxaèr 0 227 August 12, 2020 at 10:34 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  UK general election - right wing Conservative party wins large majority Duty 30 1514 December 16, 2019 at 6:12 am
Last Post: Duty
  trump the republican asks communist china to investigate his potential election rival Anomalocaris 10 1069 October 4, 2019 at 10:18 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Good News from yesterday's election. Brian37 14 2130 November 9, 2018 at 11:57 am
Last Post: Brian37
  "Securing America’s Election Act" Has Gotten Little To No Media Attention ReptilianPeon 20 2430 August 2, 2018 at 9:47 am
Last Post: Brian37