Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ron Howard to take over Star Wars franchise.
Ron Howard to take over Star Wars franchise.
Ok, not sure how that will improve the franchise. Is he going to have Fonzie play Han Solo and jump a space shark?

What else, Arnold Horshack plays C3PO?

I am being silly of course. I like Ron as a human being, but not really a fan of any of the new ones, only the original first 3. Age on my part I guess.

I think that series has done everything it can. It is the same plot, shit gets blown up and the good guy wins. Han rides a motor cycle off the Falcon? They put a broken juke box in it? Al opens a burger joint on Tatooween(sp)?
RE: Ron Howard to take over Star Wars franchise.
You know that posting this makes you the Oppie in this thread, right?
(June 23, 2017 at 7:54 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: You know that posting this makes you the Oppie in this thread, right?

Hey, missen lister! Cut an ABBA FAN some slack.  Tongue

Golly Gee Andy, 

Ha ha ha, Luke Ends up in Mayberry getting advice from Barney Fife. Mr Furley threatens to kick the Rebels out of the base they rent from him. Gomer joins the Jedi's, flies down the new death star's trench, shoots the laser torpedo and shouts "SHAZAAAM!" 

Again I am being silly, but how many ways can you package "PEW PEW PEW PEW, BOOM BOOM , PEW PEW PEW, THE END".
That's a really misleading title. He's only directing one of the anthology films, and 90% of it was already filmed by different directors.

It's going to be awful.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Nah, the Han Solo film will be fun. Better than fucking Colin Trevorrow
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(June 23, 2017 at 8:15 am)Alex K Wrote: Nah, the Han Solo film will be fun. Better than fucking Colin Trevorrow

Meh, I say give him a chance. Jurassic World was a shitty movie but that was the fault of the writers, not him. And he's only directing Episode IX as well, it's being written by Rian Johnson and Lawrence Kasdan.

The Solo film shouldn't have been made in the first place. There's already a young Han Solo film: it's called A New Hope.
Geeze guys, Ron doing this really is no diff than the Bond films having different directors. I am sure many will like it, even if some don't. I am just having mental fun with Ron knowing his past characters on Happy Days and Andy Griffin.

Just imagine instead of the Star Wars music they open up with the Andy Griffin music.
Ron's a fantastic director ...He may surprise. But....script.... A pig with lipstick is still a pig.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
^ I'm not saying it's going to be bad because of Ron Howard. It was going to be bad before and it still will be.
(June 23, 2017 at 8:39 am)Aegon Wrote: ^ I'm not saying it's going to be bad because of Ron Howard. It was going to be bad before and it still will be.

I really do think it is a generational thing and really nothing more. They would not keep making them if the franchise wasn't making money.

It is no different to me than hating Sean Connery as Bond while others liked him, and me liking Moore. Even with those some were better than others sure, but again, it is still a business and they don't invest in long term losses.

I have no desire to see it even if the reviews come out as fantastic. I am simply stuck on the original 3 for a variety of reasons. Much of it as to do with movies in general relying too much on CG. I cant get into a movie if it looks too much like a video game.

I simply am having a laugh about Ron's acting history mixing it with the imagery of si fi.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Take a Redneck Knee...... Brian37 0 335 December 25, 2017 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Star Wars spoof from Family Guy.... Brian37 2 575 April 13, 2017 at 4:47 am
Last Post: Isis
  Funny take of an old song Sterben 2 935 September 8, 2016 at 9:26 am
Last Post: Sterben
  Take this mods! Nay_Sayer 7 916 January 8, 2016 at 3:30 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Take me out to dinner and a movie Brian37 18 4361 July 31, 2015 at 5:30 pm
Last Post: brewer
  For Fans of the Stones and Star Trek Zazzy 1 788 November 28, 2013 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Captain Colostomy
  Destruction of the Death star an inside job? downbeatplumb 3 1193 March 20, 2013 at 5:44 pm
Last Post: Gooders1002
  How Many Creationists Does It Take To Change A Lightbulb? RonaldReagansGhost666 6 2923 January 15, 2013 at 5:52 am
Last Post: Welsh cake
  Why Picard will never be on an Abrams' Star Trek film Tea Earl Grey Hot 9 3587 September 24, 2012 at 4:04 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot
  Star Trekkin pocaracas 6 1899 September 22, 2012 at 12:22 am
Last Post: jonb