Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 4:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adventures with MEDICA
Adventures with MEDICA
So, 12/31/2107 my BCBS health insurance is cancelled.  

[period]

So been wondering what to do, and recently Medica announced plans to stay in IA market for 2018.  Contacted agent today and they are gearing up to cover ACA policy holders from BCBS.  

I need to call late September for more specific plan and pricing info, with sign ups starting in November.

She had no idea on plans yet, but did give impression the premium/deductible/copays would be a considerable bump over 2017.  Not much of a surprise there.

She was quite happy to report they include just about all providers in Omaha metro, so I'm not looking at another "like your doctor keep your doctor" dry butt fuck experience.

When it looked like IA would have no ACA policies, but NE was, I was considering getting an apartment or room in NE to claim residency, don't have to now.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Adventures with MEDICA
2107? I would kill for a ~100 year usable plan.

California has a pretty helpful Ombudsman office for Medi-cal and Covered California. Some of my friends have been able to secure low cost plans for their relatives with a few calls and some guidance.

Don't know what they'd do in the heartland of Dumbfuckistan...
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
RE: Adventures with MEDICA
Steve King, Charles Grassley and Joni Ernst are my congress critters.

I'm boned . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it.