Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 5:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hello
Hello
Been persuing this forum for a while and thought it would be good to join.
Live in the deep south with south asian heritage so already at a disadvantage, add atheist and I'm going to hell for sure.

I've thought about joining for a while, but I did recently get a push and wanted to get your opinoins if interested.
While I'm an atheist, I do hold some non-conventional atheist views on some topics, for example abortion atleast from a moral perspective.
That's ok, morality I believe is subjective but I do have what I feel is a solid rationale that led me to my beliefs rather than having beliefs that led to me my rationale.

The problem of my situation is the only way I have to test my rationale is the echo chamber of my own brain. Of course I think I;m right. The few times I have tried posting other places the immediate reaction is to attack the conclusion and therefore disregard the arguement, which is the antithesis of skeptasism and the scientific method. You may not like the conclusions, but if the methods are sound then  you have to assess them and have them impact your overall model. Same thing here.

Again, as far as I can tell, my thoughts are sound, but the echo chamber of my own brain is definitionally not impartial.

I have recently reached out to the Atheist-Experience to try to initate a discussion for the exact purpose of hammering out my personal thought process, but the results I got were...dissapointing.

I have asked the other participant if I could post email thread (with personal and contact information redacted of course) and they have agreed.

I certainly would like to know if my arguements are sound, but more importantly to that exchange I would like to know if my arguements were ever addressed.

If this is a waste of everyone's time and no is interested, I will not wast the bandwidth to post it, if any significant number of you do feel that you would be willing to either look at my arguements or assess the responses to see if they are intellectually honest then I will post them with the caveats above.

Thanks, sorry, don';t have a lot of avenues for these discussions and am still hoping for an honest one.

PS if I do post them I will admit they started name calling so I responded in nuclear kind, and I should not be proud of that, though I guess I'm not really ashamed of it either.

Finally I am not arguing for a legal change in the status of abortion, only a question of it's morality. Well that's kinda true, you will see my first point does mention a change in the method of abortion based on the lmites of the bodily autonomy arguement but it subtle and not all encompassing as the oppositon would have you believe

Thanks so much and again I hope for FINALLY an honest discussion, I am willing to engage and hope others are as well

By the way I am fully aware that a giant face palm will and should be the next reply
Angel

[Image: 200w.gif#1-grid1]
There did it for you, now lets move on
RE: Hello
Welcome.
Dying to live, living to die.
Hello matey...
Check the Aron Ra evolution thread from yesterday. Watch it.
You are 100% of African descent!

Welcome to the forum brother! (hands him my half eaten banana to share)

Afro
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Double welcome, apparently.
Dying to live, living to die.
Welcome! Now don't worry; only some of us bite hard enough to draw blood.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
(June 26, 2017 at 11:20 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Double welcome, apparently.

That sounds like a sexual manoeuvre! Tongue
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Welcome to the forum, thanks for the OP, sounds like you have a lot of interesting views to contribute ^_^
Love atheistforums.org? Consider becoming a patreon and helping towards our server costs.

[Image: 146748944129044_zpsomrzyn3d.gif]
Welcome!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Woof Woof Welcome.

I like the first part of your name.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
In the eyes of a fundy
The unwavering skeptic
Had better know 
Their place on the bus

For the eyes of a fundy
Are upon you
Any logic you use
They will flee

When you're in the south
Look behind you
Cause that's where
The fundy is gonna be
(END)

Where you from OP, I am in the coastal sticks of NC.

Be sure to barbecue kittens, record the NFL without their permission and rip the tags off of your mattress.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbs Up Hello Hello loush 17 5978 December 13, 2010 at 2:53 pm
Last Post: theophilus
  Hello hello! DgyJff 8 3646 August 30, 2010 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: RachelSkates