Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
DNA proves scientic Adam.
DNA proves scientic Adam.
Scientific Adam lived 2,000 generations ago in Africa. We are all his descendants via a unique marker in the Y chromosome.
We are all one race. For those who didn't know (like me!)

No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
RE: DNA proves scientic Adam.
I'll wait to see if that holds up.
Did he eat apples?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
To be the father of 3 billion men on the planet, I'd say he ate a lot of pussy!

Now it's confirmed we're related, ya reckon you can lend me a fiver cuz?
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(June 27, 2017 at 6:54 am)ignoramus Wrote: Scientific Adam lived 2,000 generations ago in Africa. We are all his descendants via a unique marker in the Y chromosome.
We are all one race. For those who didn't know (like me!)

Nat GEO has sold out like most media. It isn't anywhere near as objective as it was when I was growing up.

This is fucking bullshit. DNA does not prove any fucking holy book or fairy tale. 

We share common ancestors, PLURAL, not one couple, but multiple clan/families over long periods of time. 

Science DOES NOT point to the Christian mythology, or Jewish Mythology or Muslim mythology or Hindu mythology or Buddhist mythology.

Humans worldwide throughout the history of written religion have always had "creation" mythology.

DNA is evolutionary science having NOTHING at all to do with any religion.
The tragic thing is that his Eve lived many thousand years later. How did he ever manage?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

I mean, haven't we known about Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve for a while now? I wish they hadn't chosen those names since it's just another couple of baggage-laden words, but it's really nothing to do with the Adam or Eve in religious texts.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(June 27, 2017 at 8:44 am)Alex K Wrote: The tragic thing is that his Eve lived many thousand years later. How did he ever manage?

Wanked a lot and made the camels nervous?
(June 27, 2017 at 8:51 am)FatAndFaithless Wrote: I mean, haven't we known about Chromosomal Adam and Mitochondrial Eve for a while now? I wish they hadn't chosen those names since it's just another couple of baggage-laden words, but it's really nothing to do with the Adam or Eve in religious texts.

I always liked the names because they immediately communicate what it's about - an ancestor of all living humans. The fact that y-Adam and m-Eve didn't live at the same time and that the identity of both changes all the time when someone dies, should make it clear that this ain't the bible story.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(June 27, 2017 at 9:03 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(June 27, 2017 at 8:44 am)Alex K Wrote: The tragic thing is that his Eve lived many thousand years later. How did he ever manage?

Wanked a lot and made the camels nervous?

You can bet!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone watch "Adam Ruins Everything"? Brian37 7 986 March 16, 2021 at 7:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Adam and Dog vermin 1 1035 December 1, 2014 at 1:18 am
Last Post: FifthElement
  Twins' DNA hinders France sexual assault investigation Nine 2 1118 February 11, 2013 at 9:30 pm
Last Post: Nine
  Adam Carolla on Atheism binny 22 7034 April 29, 2010 at 8:59 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko