Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Never Mind
Never Mind
The Short Version: Talk to me, I need intelligent interaction and I'm not finding it in other circles.

Hopefully that's not still too offensive.

- Caleb
RE: Please, PLEASE Talk To Me
Uh. Hi.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Lol! Contact you and demonstrate? Lol
Next.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Hi, sorry. Just got a few feelings here. My apologies for the lack of niceties.

"Contact me and demonstrate" = PM me, reply to this topic, whatever. Just talk. Please. I'm being completely honest and completely open.
It's OK. You're frustrated. But you might set too high a standard for other people. 

I'm an atheist. I don't believe in a god. In fact, I believe in no god. YMMV. Kumbayah.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
If you think you're the first person to show up with the basic spiel that "I'm the only smart person I know", then you'd be incorrect. I hope you do find someone to talk to that can help, especially with that reference to suicide, but popping up with your first impression being about how dumb everyone else is...isn't a fantastic start if you're looking for genuine, respectful interactions.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Administrator Notice

Perhaps you missed this?

Quote:Whilst we are generally lenient with insulting language / rudeness in other forums, this kind of behaviour is explicitly disallowed in the Introductions forum. Please welcome new members to the community in a nice manner, or refrain from welcoming them at all.

Note that this does not give you a carte blanche to act in an insulting or rude manner in other areas of the forums. Please try to be welcoming and friendly at all times, even if a member is disagreeing with you. Rather than engaging with obvious spammers and trolls, please report them to the staff and let us take care of them.
I thought if there was any forum that would be okay with me being honest it would be this one. I know there's a lot of frustration. I'm just being honest. I am alone where I am in real life. Please show me that I'm not. I wish I could somehow communicate how desperate I am without coming across as rude. I believe that smart people exist, I just want to find them.
Atheist Forums is a fine place to do that. The Introductions sub-forum of Atheist Forums - where you posted - is not.

Moving to Off Topic.
(June 27, 2017 at 2:52 pm)Insufferable Caleb Wrote: I thought if there was any forum that would be okay with me being honest it would be this one. I know there's a lot of frustration. I'm just being honest. I am alone where I am in real life. Please show me that I'm not. I wish I could somehow communicate how desperate I am without coming across as rude. I believe that smart people exist, I just want to find them.

If you really are as rational as you say (or think) you are, you'd know that perception is very important when determining how to respond to people.

If your end goal is actually to start a conversation and connect with people, then your first impression being one in which you call everyone stupid or ignorant isn't a wise or rational move. Deep conversations don't generally happen with strangers, especially not rude ones.

We're more than happy to talk with you, but most of us need some time to figure out who you are before we join in on private conversations. Join in the forums; the philosophy section is probably suited to your tastes. Maybe you'll find some stimulating conversation there.

Welcome
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Never ending story: add 3 words! robvalue 9620 544871 August 21, 2023 at 2:01 pm
Last Post: no one
  I never Foxaèr 35 2882 October 5, 2022 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  It' s never too late to start onlinebiker 2 407 October 18, 2021 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Spooky
  Upon reading this title, what first comes to mind? Foxaèr 8 356 November 25, 2020 at 10:03 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Things you buy and never really use Theswordismyleopard 28 1868 September 1, 2020 at 11:47 am
Last Post: onlinebiker
  The Go Go's "Vacation all you never wanted." Brian37 10 1069 July 13, 2020 at 9:29 pm
Last Post: Little lunch
  I never had hangover. purplepurpose 15 1345 February 25, 2020 at 9:11 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Inquiring mind seeks guidance from the governing powers. no one 17 966 December 17, 2019 at 11:15 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Pizzagate(the documentary you wish you'd never seen) particleman 14 1492 July 17, 2019 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Something young kids today will never understand Foxaèr 114 12576 June 2, 2018 at 10:15 pm
Last Post: Little lunch