Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 3:37 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Australia vs Vatican.
Australia vs Vatican.
Shane Patton, Victoria state police deputy commissioner to open the batting.

Quote:Cardinal Pell is facing multiple charges … and there are multiple complainants,” Victoria police’s deputy commissioner Shane Patton said. The charges were “historical sexual assault offences.

Vatican captain 'Franky boy' Francis, had this to say prior to the first over...

Quote:When Pope Francis was asked about allegations against Pell last year, he told reporters: “It’s true, there is a doubt. We have to wait for justice and not first make a mediatic judgment – a judgment of gossip – because that won’t help. Once justice has spoken, I will speak.”

The Aussie team sponsor, John Champion director of public prosecutions released a statement saying...

Quote:I will be involved in “conducting these criminal proceedings”.

However, anonymous internet commentator Suckyourpus commented...

If this motherfucker ever appearers in an Australian court I'll show my arse in Hamleys toy shop. The 'too sick to travel stunt' worked before so why not use it again?

The Guardian

Little Timmy will be happy.

It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
RE: Australia vs Vatican.
How will we know when the Vatican finally gets serious about pedo priests ?

They will start cooperating with investigations of pedo priests.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

While the Catholic institution, the Vatican has had a horrible history of hiding this type of crime, they did not invent it nor do they own a patent on it. Child molesters exist in every religion and in every nation.

It is certainly required to hold their leaders to account. But just as with adult rape, child molesting is a crime of opportunity and the perp can be anyone, not just a priest, but a Rabbi, Cleric too. They can be your baby sitter, uncle, teacher, cop, dad, even an older brother IE the Duggers. 

Especially with females, there still is a worldwide attitude of victim blaming. Rape in China and India are not as widely reported because even there, girls/women are blamed for any sexual impropriety, no different than the slut shaming that went on in America's past.

At the same time, I do warn society, that we must not ever become over zealous in getting the bad guy, regardless of the charge. There is a reason we have courts not just for molesters or rapists, but for any crime. 

There was a famous daycare center case back in the 80s which got a dozen people arrested and 3 spent time in jail eventually. The problem with the way the prosecution was conducted, is that the children were coaxed into pleasing the court telling them what they wanted to hear. The problem with doing that is that if there were credible charges, all that got destroyed by sloppy interviewing and so whatever facts were true could not be trusted and any valid charges had to be thrown out. And it turned out even with those 3 who did end up in  jail, the accusers later recanted saying they were afraid of getting in trouble if they didn't tell the court what they wanted to hear.

I am all for going after the bad guy, but solely based on facts, and only with proper protocol to insure that you are going after the right person, and not just any person to please the public.

Law investigations, and courts should not be about getting revenge, but about facts and only charging people and convicting them solely based on facts. To not do that, is to set up a mob rule system of revenge. It is far better to let 10 guilty go free than to convict one innocent person.
New Ozzie slang? Well, the poor little blighter just got Pelled all over the place.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(June 29, 2017 at 10:12 am)Brian37 Wrote:
Quote:While the Catholic institution, the Vatican has had a horrible history of hiding this type of crime, they did not invent it nor do they own a patent on it. Child molesters exist in every religion and in every nation.

Tu quoque?

Quote:It is certainly required to hold their leaders to account. But just as with adult rape, child molesting is a crime of opportunity and the perp can be anyone, not just a priest, but a Rabbi, Cleric too. They can be your baby sitter, uncle, teacher, cop, dad, even an older brother IE the Duggers. 
Especially with females, there still is a worldwide attitude of victim blaming. Rape in China and India are not as widely reported because even there, girls/women are blamed for any sexual impropriety, no different than the slut shaming that went on in America's past.

I agree with all this but I fail to see how it relates in any way to the charges brought against George Pell and by association, the Vatican.

Quote:At the same time, I do warn society, that we must not ever become over zealous in getting the bad guy, regardless of the charge. There is a reason we have courts not just for molesters or rapists, but for any crime. 

'You' warn society? You take a lot on yourself? Were those who directed Operation Yewtree, (the Jimmy Savile case) over zealous? There are quite a few disgusting bastards in jail now as a result of police 'zeal' in perusing that case. This is how investigations are carried out in a secular society, the Vatican's approach? David Copperfield would stand in awe at how the Vatican can make people disappear.

Quote:There was a famous daycare center case back in the 80s which got a dozen people arrested and 3 spent time in jail eventually. The problem with the way the prosecution was conducted, is that the children were coaxed into pleasing the court telling them what they wanted to hear. The problem with doing that is that if there were credible charges, all that got destroyed by sloppy interviewing and so whatever facts were true could not be trusted and any valid charges had to be thrown out. And it turned out even with those 3 who did end up in  jail, the accusers later recanted saying they were afraid of getting in trouble if they didn't tell the court what they wanted to hear.

Again, how does this relate to the case at hand?

Quote:I am all for going after the bad guy, but solely based on facts, and only with proper protocol to insure that you are going after the right person, and not just any person to please the public.

This is pointless rhetoric, truism, unless you can show that the Australian authorities are lax in their methodology.

Quote:Law investigations, and courts should not be about getting revenge, but about facts and only charging people and convicting them solely based on facts. To not do that, is to set up a mob rule system of revenge. It is far better to let 10 guilty go free than to convict one innocent person.

Nauseating Cliché. Show me precisely where the Aussie authorities are failing in their handling of this case.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Do you, or anyone, know what he is charged with? If it only kids or does he go after hookers and nuns that just gotta have it? 

Will any hole do?
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
apparently not mine . . .

I'd remember a Cardinal.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 29, 2017 at 9:22 am)vorlon13 Wrote: How will we know when the Vatican finally gets serious about pedo priests ?

Don't hold your breath.
I don't know about the Catholic Bible but my bible had something to say about obeying the authorities. Of course in Vatican city the church is itself an authority sooo,,,,
(June 29, 2017 at 9:22 am)vorlon13 Wrote: How will we know when the Vatican finally gets serious about pedo priests ?

When the pope is the last man standing in the Vatican.
Atheism is a non-prophet organization join today. 

Code:
<iframe width="100%" height="450" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src="https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=https%3A//api.soundcloud.com/tracks/255506953&amp;auto_play=false&amp;hide_related=false&amp;show_comments=true&amp;show_user=true&amp;show_reposts=false&amp;visual=true"></iframe>

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Facebook unfriends Australia brewer 2 263 February 19, 2021 at 8:40 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Australia on fire Fake Messiah 21 2194 January 12, 2020 at 8:01 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Australia - New Prime Minister by the end of Today? fromdownunder 28 1863 August 26, 2018 at 10:52 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Vatican trying to mix science with their religion Brian37 20 2316 March 28, 2018 at 12:50 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  WAY TO GO AUSTRALIA!!!!!! Brian37 9 1445 January 9, 2018 at 12:45 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Trains, no planes and Australia thrills? Brian37 3 581 September 28, 2017 at 7:34 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Another Airbus near miss (Western australia) ignoramus 6 1740 June 29, 2017 at 10:26 am
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Saudi woman who fled for Australia seeking asylum 'kidnapped' and returned to Riyadh WinterHold 7 1322 May 7, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  A lake in Australia turns pink Amarok 28 4015 March 10, 2017 at 7:18 am
Last Post: Joods
  The Vatican is stonewalling. brewer 13 2096 March 1, 2017 at 11:00 pm
Last Post: ignoramus