Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 12:41 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Et tu, Germania
Et tu, Germania
In a snap election that took the country entirely by surprise, the German parliament has decided in favor of same-sex marriage today.
This is of course awesome, but almost as awesome is watching some of our conservative assholes melt down and embarass themselves publicly.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

RE: Et tu, Germania
(June 30, 2017 at 8:12 am)Alex K Wrote: In a snap election that took the country entirely by surprise, the German parliament has decided in favor of same-sex marriage today.
This is of course awesome, but almost as awesome is watching some of our conservative assholes melt down and embarass themselves publicly.

Huh, I had always thought it was already legal there.  I guess the US is a little more ahead of the curve on that front than I thought.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
Go Germany! I was wondering when they'd get around to this.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Wow, I'm surprised. Not that it happened, but that it had not already happened. Years ago.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Oddly, Angie M. was partly responsible for calling the election, but voted against. What people do to maneuver their party politics...
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

(June 30, 2017 at 8:17 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Wow, I'm surprised. Not that it happened, but that it had not already happened. Years ago.

Yeah, but it was not all-or-nothing, we already did approach it bit by bit. You could already have a registered partnership which gave you almost all privileges apart from adopting kids together - and the name "marriage", which has a symbolic meaning. Starting his fall, same sex couples can update their registered partnerships to marriage and adopt kids.

(June 30, 2017 at 8:18 am)Alex K Wrote: Oddly, Angie M. was partly responsible for calling the election, but voted against. What people do to maneuver their party politics...

She knew which way the wind was blowing despite not necessarily agreeing with it.
Congrats on gaying up, Germany Big Grin
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 30, 2017 at 8:21 am)Iroscato Wrote:
(June 30, 2017 at 8:18 am)Alex K Wrote: Oddly, Angie M. was partly responsible for calling the election, but voted against. What people do to maneuver their party politics...

She knew which way the wind was blowing despite not necessarily agreeing with it.

I mean, that shows a good sense of democracy, actually.

(June 30, 2017 at 8:23 am)Alex K Wrote:
(June 30, 2017 at 8:21 am)Iroscato Wrote: She knew which way the wind was blowing despite not necessarily agreeing with it.

I mean, that shows a good sense of democracy, actually.

Exactly, it's part of what's made her such a formidable politician too. Fair dinkum to her.
[Image: rySLj1k.png]

If you have any serious concerns, are being harassed, or just need someone to talk to, feel free to contact me via PM
(June 30, 2017 at 8:12 am)Alex K Wrote: In a snap election that took the country entirely by surprise, the German parliament has decided in favor of same-sex marriage today.

First of all, yay Germany. Finally Frau Merkel realised what her church was telling her wasn't the truth.

Secondly, it was a vote, not an election. An election is a special kind of vote to pick legislators or other public representatives.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home