Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 29, 2024, 12:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"No Pressure"
"No Pressure"
This is an "advert" in the UK for the 10:10 campaign; aimed at getting people to cut carbon emissions by 10% in 2010. Unfortunately the organisers were a bunch of morons, and so they produced this film.

By the way, what you are about to see isn't fake; it is a real film, and it got pulled less than 24 hours after being released due to the enormous backlash, which has been dubbed "splattergate" by the media (you'll see why).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sSTLDel-G9k

Facepalm

What is more upsetting is that taxpayer's money was actually wasted on it.
RE: "No Pressure"
What???

I really hope they didn't get paid for that!
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
That was the stupidest thing ever. The blood looked like spaghetti sauce.
Eeyore Wrote:Thanks for noticing.
Now that was an Epic Fail Dodgy
[Image: pPQu8.png]
These "morons" have produced a brilliantly effective ad. It has achieved far more views, and far more people talking about environmental campaigning, by being banned than it would have done if they'd had to pay for the slots. It definitely wouldn't have been posted here for a start!

I saw this ad a few days ago. I don't watch television, and I probably wouldn't have even set eyes on it if it hadn't been so deliberately awful. The message is flawed, the timing is awkward. the morality is repugnant and the execution disgusting. And it's got everyone writing about it!

All they need to do is follow it up with a 'straight' ad to embed the brand awareness already created by this one, and they've got the basis of some very successful publicity.
It's pretty funny the first time, but after that it's just predictable and downright odd. Also, it rather undermines the seriousness of its message.
'We must respect the other fellow's religion, but only in the sense and to the extent that we respect his theory that his wife is beautiful and his children smart.' H.L. Mencken

'False religion' is the ultimate tautology.

'It is just like man's vanity and impertinence to call an animal dumb because it is dumb to his dull perceptions.' Mark Twain

'I care not much for a man's religion whose dog and cat are not the better for it.' Abraham Lincoln
I love the spaghetti sauce. and I did think it was pretty funny, but it also reminded me a friend of my boyfriend. My boyfriend says he is 2 steps away from being an eco-terrorist.

but I'd have to agree with Existentialist. it is a good ad, because of the fact it's so terrible.
[Image: siggy2_by_Cego_Colher.jpg]
I wantz one of those red buttons!!!!

The ad has achievedexactly what it set out to do and that is get peoples attention.

Even if it was only on for 24hrs because of the wowsers complaining it will be viewed on youtube, emailed all over the world and initiate thousands of online discussions(like here for instance).

So I would say that in fact it has been very successful in getting its message across.
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.
I've always known that I can solve all of my problems by genocide.
I always thought I'd need to do it with fire but a murder-button to make people explode also seems entertaining.

Now if I can just rig it up with a turbo button like on my old playstation controllers...

(Also, I loved the fact that the first little girl's name is Jamima).
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
(October 9, 2010 at 5:23 am)TheDarkestOfAngels Wrote: I've always known that I can solve all of my problems by genocide.
I always thought I'd need to do it with fire but a murder-button to make people explode also seems entertaining.

And you can decorate the loungeroom at the same time, if you like splashes of red that isTongue
[Image: mybannerglitter06eee094.gif]
If you're not supposed to ride faster than your guardian angel can fly then mine had better get a bloody SR-71.