Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Hitchslap
The Hitchslap
Just something I found shortly before turning in for the night:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQorzOS-F6w
RE: The Hitchslap
Awesomeness
The segment that starts around 3:53 - 4:15 -ish was filmed in Boston, I was there. Smile

And 12:32 - 13:35 was in CT and I was there for that too. I actually got to meet Hitchens after that event.
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
As correct as I think he is, there is no room for his arguments in the world. These are the type of arguments that idiots will pass off as irrelevant (although they are not). Sorry Hitch, the Nazis continued to be Nazis until they were beat down. Guess how we get rid of current religions?(look at the previous sentence) Now....Is killing idiots moral? Probably not.

So, to conclude, Religion is here to stay because it can't be exterminated(killing is bad).

In addition: I have an eerie feeling that the only people that understand what you are trying to convey are already atheists(or free-thinkers). So why bother with the cult members? Let them mutilate themselves and all of the sane people can go to a country of their own where we can live our lives in peace and prosperity. I claim the American South and Hitchens is our leader! Dawkins can help out too...

Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Quote:Is killing idiots moral? Probably not.

Tempting, though.
(October 12, 2010 at 8:54 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Is killing idiots moral? Probably not.

Tempting, though.

They have been killing themselves for ages. Why should we bother? They are doing it for us so I choose to keep my morals. Besides, most of the people I care about are idiots and I don't want to see them hurt.
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I thoroughly enjoyed the fifteen minutes I spent watching that video. Hitchens in an intelligent and thoughtful man.
If today you can take a thing like evolution and make it a crime to teach in the public schools, tomorrow you can make it a crime to teach it in the private schools and next year you can make it a crime to teach it to the hustings or in the church. At the next session you may ban books and the newspapers...
Ignorance and fanaticism are ever busy and need feeding. Always feeding and gloating for more. Today it is the public school teachers; tomorrow the private. The next day the preachers and the lecturers, the magazines, the books, the newspapers. After a while, Your Honor, it is the setting of man against man and creed against creed until with flying banners and beating drums we are marching backward to the glorious ages of the sixteenth centry when bigots lighted fagots to burn the men who dared to bring any intelligence and enlightenment and culture to the human mind. ~Clarence Darrow, at the Scopes Monkey Trial, 1925

Politics is supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first. ~Ronald Reagan
Great stuff Adrian! I loved this collection of Hitchens I like the man a great deal it seems like he and I think alike in a lot of ways. I admire the fact that he is so blunt and direct with the religious fools that are stupid enough to debate him.
There is nothing people will not maintain when they are slaves to superstition

http://chatpilot-godisamyth.blogspot.com/