Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 9:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Building tolerance..
Building tolerance..
Just read this and thought it was funny but made a serious point. What do you think?

I am perplexed that so many of my friends are against a mosque being built near Ground Zero. I think it should be the goal of every American to be tolerant. The mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose, that two gay nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque thereby promoting tolerance within the mosque. We could call the clubs "The Turban Cowboy" and "You Mecca Me So Hot".

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork and have an open barbecue with spare ribs as its daily special. Across the street a very daring lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret” with sexy mannequins in the window modelling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop, there would be room for an Adult Toy Shop (Koranal Knowledge?), its name in flashing neon lights, and on the other side a liquor store, maybe call it "Morehammered"?

If you agree in promoting tolerance and you think this is a good plan, pass it on.
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]
RE: Building tolerance..
I think this might be the smartest comment I've read on the 'Mosque at Ground Zero' issue so far Clap Clap
Asking tolerance from both sides is the only answer.
[Image: pPQu8.png]
I also would like to see a Heathen coffee shop next to the liquor store. We need more Heathen coffee shops. It's not like we can hang out in church.
(October 17, 2010 at 1:33 pm)Amethyst Wrote: I also would like to see a Heathen coffee shop next to the liquor store. We need more Heathen coffee shops. It's not like we can hang out in church.

Yeah,call it "Mo's" with an logo of a guy "of Middle Eastern appearance" 'with a beard. Anyone asks,it's Moses.Angel Cloud
That was funny, but I must point out that one of the objections I heard was that it was sacred ground, and that Muslims were responsible for 9/11, and so it shouldn't be built there. Well, the problem with the sacred ground argument is that that entire block is strip joints and liquor stores. Oops.
'The difference between a Miracle and a Fact is exactly the difference between a mermaid and seal. It could not be expressed better.'
-- Samuel "Mark Twain" Clemens

"I think that in the discussion of natural problems we ought to begin not with the scriptures, but with experiments, demonstrations, and observations".

- Galileo Galilei (1564-1642)

"In short, Meyer has shown that his first disastrous book was not a fluke: he is capable of going into any field in which he has no training or research experience and botching it just as badly as he did molecular biology. As I've written before, if you are a complete amateur and don't understand a subject, don't demonstrate the Dunning-Kruger effect by writing a book about it and proving your ignorance to everyone else! "

- Dr. Donald Prothero
(October 11, 2010 at 1:54 pm)Darwinian Wrote: Just read this and thought it was funny but made a serious point. What do you think?

I am perplexed that so many of my friends are against a mosque being built near Ground Zero. I think it should be the goal of every American to be tolerant. The mosque should be allowed, in an effort to promote tolerance.

That is why I also propose, that two gay nightclubs be opened next door to the mosque thereby promoting tolerance within the mosque. We could call the clubs "The Turban Cowboy" and "You Mecca Me So Hot".

Next door should be a butcher shop that specializes in pork and have an open barbecue with spare ribs as its daily special. Across the street a very daring lingerie store called "Victoria Keeps Nothing Secret” with sexy mannequins in the window modelling the goods.

Next door to the lingerie shop, there would be room for an Adult Toy Shop (Koranal Knowledge?), its name in flashing neon lights, and on the other side a liquor store, maybe call it "Morehammered"?

If you agree in promoting tolerance and you think this is a good plan, pass it on.

Of course people should have the freedom to build any of these establishments. And next to "The Turban Cowboy" and "You Mecca Me So Hot" we could build the "Fight Homophobia Centre." The pork butcher could be built next to the new "Fight Islamophobia Centre". It could have a subway to the centre next to the Adult Toy Shop called the "End Dehumanisation of Muslims by Racists" Centre. Near the liquor store we could build a drop-in centre for people with drug and alcohol problems needing medical and emotional support. And there we could all grow up.
I'm sure Fox News would love to report on (rant about) those new establishments as well.
(October 19, 2010 at 2:14 pm)orogenicman Wrote: That was funny, but I must point out that one of the objections I heard was that it was sacred ground, and that Muslims were responsible for 9/11, and so it shouldn't be built there. Well, the problem with the sacred ground argument is that that entire block is strip joints and liquor stores. Oops.

I shall go there to worship.
Never been to a strip club.
I think I might be missing out in life.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Best building design I ever saw.... max-greece 8 1162 November 23, 2013 at 3:38 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb