Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 12:01 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Someone's been quoting me, but nothing's there.
Someone's been quoting me, but nothing's there.
I get an alert that someone has quoted me, but when I click on the link the person who quoted me is not there.

If it happens again, I'll get the username; I delete the alerts right after getting them.

I don't have anyone on my ignore list, so it's not that.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Someone's been quoting me, but nothing's there.
(July 12, 2017 at 12:06 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I get an alert that someone has quoted me, but when I click on the link the person who quoted me is not there.

If it happens again, I'll get the username; I delete the alerts right after getting them.

Weird, That happened to me a long while ago.
"For the only way to eternal glory is a life lived in service of our Lord, FSM; Verily it is FSM who is the perfect being the name higher than all names, king of all kings and will bestow upon us all, one day, The great reclaiming"  -The Prophet Boiardi-

Conservative trigger warning.
[Image: s-l640.jpg]

Here it is:

[Image: aqnsu_zpsagft5ato.jpg]

Nothing is there by that person when I click on the link. When I delete the alert, it just keeps popping up again.

The quote finally appeared. Is there some sort of delay happening with certain individuals?
~ Erin Hunter
It's a sign from God
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
>______>
~ Erin Hunter
This can happen when someone quotes you to get at an embedded quote. If they edit out your portion, leaving only the embedded part, you get the alert instead of the person they're actually quoting. I've done it to avoid having to go back two or three pages searching for the original post.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Sometimes it seems an alert won't line up in the thread properly, but it's there, just displaced a ways. I figure it's related to the high page count pointer errors we get (that aren't a big deal) but what do I know about message board software ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 12, 2017 at 12:06 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: I get an alert that someone has quoted me, but when I click on the link the person who quoted me is not there.

Happens to me, but with licking not quoting.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
ROFLOL
(July 12, 2017 at 12:38 pm)Losty Wrote: It's a sign from God
So u got a PM from someone about this before. They said that they had been notified that I quoted them, but they could not find it in the thread. Turns out, the only time I had quoted them in that thread was in a DRAFT that I was writing up. It's happened a couple times now, the draft feature being the common denominator. Tongue
If I were to create self aware beings knowing fully what they would do in their lifetimes, I sure wouldn't create a HELL for the majority of them to live in infinitely! That's not Love, that's sadistic. Therefore a truly loving god does not exist!

Quote:The sin is against an infinite being (God) unforgiven infinitely, therefore the punishment is infinite.

Dead wrong.  The actions of a finite being measured against an infinite one are infinitesimal and therefore merit infinitesimal punishment.

Quote:Some people deserve hell.

I say again:  No exceptions.  Punishment should be equal to the crime, not in excess of it.  As soon as the punishment is greater than the crime, the punisher is in the wrong.

[Image: tumblr_n1j4lmACk61qchtw3o1_500.gif]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Erm, I've been playing. Succubus 11 2376 August 5, 2017 at 9:17 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Quoting others "inaccurately" Excited Penguin 26 3354 December 3, 2016 at 4:45 pm
Last Post: Joods
  This has been happening tonight, not sure why. Foxaèr 43 5267 May 31, 2016 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  I've been asking to delete a topic of mine but nobody replies WinterHold 17 3295 October 25, 2015 at 7:06 am
Last Post: Cato
  i would like to post a thread with link but have been here less than 30 days jenny1972 4 1521 October 24, 2015 at 6:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Honestly, I'm fucking tired of this quoting system Foxaèr 11 1824 August 5, 2015 at 4:31 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  The maximum server load limit has been reached... c172 7 2509 July 16, 2015 at 7:16 pm
Last Post: ignoramus
  Is there a way to just delete a reputation rating one has given to someone? Pyrrho 22 5988 May 3, 2015 at 8:56 pm
Last Post: Napoléon
  Have we been rescued? Minimalist 26 3527 April 9, 2015 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Notification when someone quote my post Marsellus Wallace 9 2268 March 31, 2015 at 6:01 pm
Last Post: Angrboda