Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 8:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did humanity ignore this as it was never mentioned?
Did humanity ignore this as it was never mentioned?
This verse says:
Quote:Sura 21, Page 324, the Quran:
( 30 )   Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?
( 31 )   And We placed within the earth anchors, lest it should shift with them, and We made therein [mountains] passes [as] roads that they might be guided.
( 32 )   And We made the sky a protected ceiling, but they, from its signs, are turning away.
( 33 )   And it is He who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all [heavenly bodies] in an orbit are swimming.

My comments:

verse 30: Big Bang? and water is the key ingredient for life to prosper.
verse 31: gravity? the hugest anchor of all?
verse 32: ozone layer?
RE: Did humanity ignore this as it was never mentioned?
Or...maybe just scientifically ignorant iron aged people making shit up.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(July 15, 2017 at 7:08 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: This verse says:
( 30 )   Have those who disbelieved not considered that the heavens and the earth were a joined entity, and We separated them and made from water every living thing? Then will they not believe?
( 31 )   And We placed within the earth anchors, lest it should shift with them, and We made therein [mountains] passes [as] roads that they might be guided.
( 32 )   And We made the sky a protected ceiling, but they, from its signs, are turning away.
( 33 )   And it is He who created the night and the day and the sun and the moon; all [heavenly bodies] in an orbit are swimming.

My comments:

I really wish more humans of ALL religions worldwide would understand that they all do the same thing in adapting horrible tactics. Sorry Atlass, this is the same bad argument I have seen from Christians and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists. When you cant get away with simply quoting the hero/writing you try to cherry pick the writing to retrofit modern science to point to your club.

No, for all of antiquity worldwide, that was then, this is now. NOBODY, not Buddhists, not Hindus, not Jews, not Muslims not Christians, NOBODY, back then had any modern understanding of modern scientific data. 

We also have Christians still here now on this website who also try to retrofit modern science to point to the bible. It does not work when anybody tries this.
(July 15, 2017 at 7:12 am)chimp3 Wrote: Or...maybe just scientifically ignorant iron aged people making shit up.

I would buy that if it's one thing that was made up and accidentally worked. 2 Things and I'll call the writer lucky.
But 600 pages of this? With big claims ringing a bell like earth needing an anchor to keep it in line (who said it was moving; anyways?), the skies being a ceiling (who said it needed protection anyways?).
Verse 30: water consists solely of hydrogen and oxygen, nothing else. Since living things contain things that are not hydrogen and oxygen, this verse is on error.

Verse 31: gravity is no sense an 'anchor', it is an intrinsic property of mass. Since the Earth does indeed 'shift' and gravity is actually a very weak force, this verse and your interpretation of it are both in error.

Verse 32: It is a remarkable display of ignorance and/or desperation to equate 'ozone layer' with 'sky'. In addition, verse says 'protected' not 'protective'. Errors abound.

Conclusion: The Q'ran is a religious work, and should not be used as a either a primer on science or claims of prognostications.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 15, 2017 at 7:20 am)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(July 15, 2017 at 7:12 am)chimp3 Wrote: Or...maybe just scientifically ignorant iron aged people making shit up.

I would buy that if it's one thing that was made up and accidentally worked. 2 Things and I'll call the writer lucky.
But 600 pages of this? With big claims ringing a bell like earth needing an anchor to keep it in line (who said it was moving; anyways?), the skies being a ceiling (who said it needed protection anyways?).

You can but whatever you want. I get my science from scientists, the latest and the best. No use going back to a time when they did not know the the earth revolved around the sun or that horses don't fly.

(July 15, 2017 at 7:19 am)Brian37 Wrote:

My comments:

I really wish more humans of ALL religions worldwide would understand that they all do the same thing in adapting horrible tactics. Sorry Atlass, this is the same bad argument I have seen from Christians and Jews and Hindus and Buddhists. When you cant get away with simply quoting the hero/writing you try to cherry pick the writing to retrofit modern science to point to your club.

No, for all of antiquity worldwide, that was then, this is now. NOBODY, not Buddhists, not Hindus, not Jews, not Muslims not Christians, NOBODY, back then had any modern understanding of modern scientific data. 

We also have Christians still here now on this website who also try to retrofit modern science to point to the bible. It does not work when anybody tries this.

It's not cherry picking for one reason Brian: It is foretold in the Quran as arguments to face up humanity with.

While many Muslims resorted to Hadiths and all; the source book had more of similar arguments that I think many Muslims did choose to ignore.
The scientific method goes well with me for a simple reason: it tells about proving stuff; whenever it pinpoints a verse I know I have a problem in my faith. It didn't until now.

It should prove the Quran wrong by now. But it didn't. It made it stronger in my view
You can get clean by washing in dirt , especially if you have touched a woman. Eeew!. Better to have stayed in the closet:

"And if ye be ill, or on a journey, or one of you cometh from the closet, or ye have touched women, and ye find not water, then go to high clean soil and rub your faces and your hands (therewith). Lo! Allah is Benign, Forgiving."

My comments:

Vague writing that could be made to mean anything made to mean what religious person thinks supports his case.

It doesn't.

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

"We eat with our right hand. We should not eat with our left hand because we wipe our asses with it" - Muhammed

"Excuse me...Mr. Muhammed...What hand do we cook with?" - Confused Arabian

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Quranic reflection]: hell is a black hole-part V, objects never leave hell. WinterHold 40 3104 January 5, 2023 at 11:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2893 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  Never call other humans disbelievers! Mystic 42 5887 October 29, 2018 at 10:40 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Vaccinations are Haram apparently, and Muhammadans never get AIDS... ReptilianPeon 1 869 December 27, 2016 at 5:03 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Somebody born in space (e.g. on Mars) csn never conduct Hajj or Umrah ReptilianPeon 24 4262 April 4, 2016 at 10:06 am
Last Post: AFTT47
  OP ED RANT! Never accuse me of this. Brian37 62 12341 February 21, 2016 at 3:00 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Ten facts you never knew about Muhammad's religion (lol) ReptilianPeon 11 4196 May 27, 2015 at 11:08 am
Last Post: Prince
  IS: "Islam was never a religion of peace. Islam is the religion of fighting" Napoléon 11 5465 May 15, 2015 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Hatshepsut
  Call to recognize jihad as crime against humanity mralstoner 40 7418 October 31, 2014 at 1:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  Muslims, It's Now or Never!!! Christian 4 1572 October 25, 2014 at 2:16 am
Last Post: Minimalist