Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 1:06 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What path for Charlie Gard?
What path for Charlie Gard?
In case you are unfamiliar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Ga...ontroversy

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/14/...ainer.html

I see nothing good for this child going forward except a peaceful death, if possible. I don't understand the actions of the parents other than it appears to be a a fantasy filled last act of desperation to hold onto life. Quite self centered.

The money and treatment resources could be put to better use. Sounds like it's to late to gain any useful knowledge from experimental treatment that should have been started months ago, if at all.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: What path for Charlie Gard?
Sometimes, people need to learn to let their loved ones pass in peace.

I am always reminded of the Terri Shiavo case when situations like these arise.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Irreparable severe brain damage has already accrued.

Sad situation, but throwing resources at this is not the answer . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 15, 2017 at 9:54 am)mh.brewer Wrote: In case you are unfamiliar: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Charlie_Ga...ontroversy

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/07/14/...ainer.html

I see nothing good for this child going forward except a peaceful death, if possible. I don't understand the actions of the parents other than it appears to be a a fantasy filled last act of desperation to hold onto life. Quite self centered.

The money and treatment resources could be put to better use. Sounds like it's to late to gain any useful knowledge from experimental treatment that should have been started months ago, if at all.

They'd be the same kind of parents that if he lived would refuse to get him his innoculations because they read some nut's blog saying that MMR causes autism or Mercury poisoning. Well intentioned idiots who have no business raising children.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(July 15, 2017 at 9:59 am)Lutrinae Wrote: Sometimes, people need to learn to let their loved ones pass in peace.

I am always reminded of the Terri Shiavo case when situations like these arise.

The last minute of my mom's life, I know for sure. looking back at it now, if they had tried to keep her alive, my mom simply would have been alive but brain dead. In that case you are merely keeping a shell alive, to the fully functioning brain that you know as the loved one's individual personality. I am lucky that my mom had made her wishes clear to everyone and she would not have wanted me to keep her alive. 

It is a sicking thing to watch someone die. But in her last moments I could tell all that was left was brain stem activity. I hated letting my mom go, weeks before when she decided in the exam room not to do anything, that was the hardest thing to witness because I knew I would lose her at some point. But at least she got to determine that for herself. Shiavo is a perfect example to tell everyone around you what your wishes are so nobody can deny it. Put it in a living will and on video if you have to. 

I DON'T want to be kept alive if brain dead or terminal. It would not be me at that point, and it would take up resources and money better used for someone who needs it.
He's going to die.

Just another of those "mysterious ways," I imagine.
Regardless of the details of this case, the idea they can pull the plug on your kid because only proven treatment's have been ruled out is a little frightening.

If there's a real doctor in the US that has something they'd be willing to try, what's the problem? Seems like that's a straightforward decision that should be made by the Doctor and the parents.
I see that the parents have raised 1.6 million (US) for treatment. I wonder what happens to the money if no treatment occurs? Sorry, can't help the cynic/skeptic in me, especially in this situation.
I'll guaranty it won't go to South Sudan.

(THINK LONG AND HARD BEFORE YOU CLICK ON THIS)

The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 15, 2017 at 12:51 pm)wallym Wrote: Regardless of the details of this case, the idea they can pull the plug on your kid because only proven treatment's have been ruled out is a little frightening.

If there's a real doctor in the US that has something they'd be willing to try, what's the problem?  Seems like that's a straightforward decision that should be made by the Doctor and the parents.

The problem is waste of money and resources at others expense. 

I'll wait and see what the US MD states about the case after his examination.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Emotions will never pave a path Defender 8 1281 December 19, 2016 at 4:11 am
Last Post: Defender