Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:58 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Invisalign? NO Retainer? NO Clear Correct? NO
Invisalign? NO Retainer? NO Clear Correct? NO
I have an occlusal splint !!!

LOL !!

Was getting some severe wear patterns showing up on my teeth from where the uppers and lowers contact each other.  Turns out over the years our teeth can move around a little and mine have migrated into a pretty bad alignment.

The answer is an occlusal splint.

They take a mold of you uppers and your lowers.  For me, they cast a fairly hard clear plastic device that fits over my upper teeth.  The thickness of the device over each specific tooth was carefully formed to precise dimensions.  When I wear it, my lower teeth either do or do not contact the device depending on how far off they are from where they should be.

Lower teeth that contact it will slowly descend into the jaw bone structure over time, and teeth that don't contact it will slowly rise to meet it, evening out all their exposed heights, and allowing them to properly contact the uppers.

Anyhow, it looks like I'm wearing a retainer or Invisalign braces, but a retainer holds your teeth where they are, and my understanding is Invisalign moves your teeth horizontally for better spacing.  I'm adjusting my lower teeth vertically to improve how they all contact the upper row.

It's not as uncomfortable as it might be, and the higher percentage of time I wear it the faster this will be over.  Hopefully a few months.

I wear it sleeping always, and I'm trying to wear it when TV watching or on here.  Can't really talk or eat with it on, and teeth need to be clean to put it on.  It is not dishwasher safe, I must never let either cat get to it (apparently kitties and dogs love chewing on these things) and I need to be careful about leaving it in a hot vehicle, apparently it can warp or melt.

Cleaning it with water, dental appliance cleaner (not Polident) or diluted vinegar.

I wake up in the morning not really aware of it, during the day the sensation is somewhat like a mild itching sensation, LOL!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Invisalign ? NO Retainer ? NO Clear Correct ? NO
Good luck with your investment. I'm in decision mode about a dental investment too. I hope it all works out for you. Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Glad I could clear this up for you . . . . vorlon13 3 932 July 6, 2017 at 12:53 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb