Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 11:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
‘I’m going somewhere wonderful’: man texts wife before suicide
‘I’m going somewhere wonderful’: man texts wife before suicide
Quote:A Florida man sent his wife a horrifying video that he intended to kill himself during a jump by not pulling his ripcord, reports the Orlando Sentinel.

According to the report, Capotorto Vitantonio, 27, died and was found facedown in a field near Skydive DeLand on Tuesday, after sending the message to his wife who attempted to reach the pilot of the plane before the jump.

Before the jump, Vitantonio texted a video to his wife, Costanza Zitellini, describing his plan, telling her “I’m going somewhere wonderful.”

Zittellini raced into the hanger in an attempt to stop her husband but the plane had already taken off. She then radioed the pilot but it was too late as her husband had already jumped.

Authorities state that Vitantonio, an Italian national who worked for United Parachute Technologies, plummeted 13,500 feet to his death.

http://www.rawstory.com/2017/07/im-going...l-ripcord/
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: ‘I’m going somewhere wonderful’: man texts wife before suicide
You know, I feel bad for anyone in such a rough corner that they'd kill themselves, but this seems like he designed it for maximum pain to be inflicted upon his widow.

Unfortunately for him the "wonderful"  place is the same place he was at during the War of 1812.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Quote:“I’m going somewhere wonderful.”

A box in the ground or a furnace.

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
I couldn't read anywhere that he implied "heaven".

Maybe to him, that nice place is just to get away from her?
(Isn't that why men die earlier? Because they want to?) Big Grin
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
Very sad -- by the way, the words that this guy texted to his wife were so similar to the words that the hangman in Singapore would whisper in the ears of those standing on his gallows right before he pulled the lever to the trapdoor, that "I am sending you to a better place."  He claimed to have hanged 18 people in one day.
Reminds me of:

Really feel bad for her. Can't imagine going through something like that Sad damn..
Tough to go through. I've known several during the AIDS crisis that did that. I've tried ever since to be sympathetic to all directly touched by such things, and the one they've lost too.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(July 15, 2017 at 2:54 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Unfortunately for him the "wonderful"  place is the same place he was at during the War of 1812.

That is what religion does. It is one thing if you are in medical decline that cannot be reversed. But killing yourself for having downs in life because you think there is a magic candy land after you die, is just horrible logic and ends your life needlessly.

I hate that my mom died, but she is nowhere now, just like she was nowhere 4 billion years ago. But she had a better reason to let go because she simply didn't want to go through more pain because of her health decline. The only good part of her death is that she is no longer in pain, but I will not meet her or anyone when I die either. 

I have bad days and suffer from depression, but no, I am not going to kill myself because of that. Not that I don't have those thoughts, it simply seems logically stupid knowing you don't stay emotionally down forever.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Trump going to Prison? FrustratedFool 392 20406 February 22, 2024 at 2:55 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Buy the new US military rifle before the troops get them onlinebiker 35 1939 April 25, 2022 at 4:21 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  NAACP going to far? brewer 17 1238 October 30, 2021 at 9:35 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  US troops and Afghans killed in suicide attacks outside Kabul airport WinterHold 3 574 August 26, 2021 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Anyone going to watch the Jan 6th hearings? Brian37 39 3374 July 28, 2021 at 1:40 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Going a bit far with pronoun usage again Foxaèr 20 1369 May 18, 2021 at 7:44 pm
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Is The NRA Going Bye-Bye? BrianSoddingBoru4 46 2043 August 9, 2020 at 5:38 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Shatner getting a divorce from 4th wife Fake Messiah 21 914 December 17, 2019 at 3:36 am
Last Post: BrokenQuill92
  Guns and suicide onlinebiker 51 4266 August 9, 2019 at 10:17 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  They're going to catch sh*t for this. Brian37 8 861 April 25, 2019 at 7:49 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet