Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:59 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Does Bones hav Asperger's
Does Bones hav Asperger's
A burning question: Does Dr Temperance Brennan have Asperger's or is she just weird?

Regardless, I still think she's hot, albeit about 20 years too young for me. By that I mean I'd be invisible to her if we were alone in a lift. (elevator)
RE: Does Bones hav Asperger's
Who are you talking about?
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
Quote:Dr. Temperance "Bones" Brennan, Ph.D. (born Joy Keenan), is a fictional character and one of the co-protagonists of the US television series Bones (2005–present), very loosely based on author Kathy Reichs and portrayed by Emily Deschanel. Although the character is named after the heroine in Reichs' crime novel series, her characterization was based on Reichs herself rather than the books' protagonist.[1] The only similarity the two characters share is their occupation as a forensic anthropologist.

Heads up Padraic, Bones is a TV show. Not IRL.
RE: Does Bones have Asperger's
(October 13, 2010 at 4:16 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: Who are you talking about?

You ARE joking? Melanie Deschanel is one of the most edible females on TV at present. Tongue

Anyway,I Googled it, which I guess I should have done to begin with.-if I've thought of a question, chances are,others have too.

I got lots of hits.One described 'Bones' as "an Aspergers friendly show" with (at the beginning) two characters with Aspergers. The consensus seems to be That Dr Temperance 'Bones' Brennan has a mild form of Aspergers,which is what I thought.

Yes,of course it's only a TV show ,but it's my favourite,and one of only 6 US TV series I watch. regularly (the others are NCIS,Lie to me, ,The Mentalist, Boardwalk Empire, The Event.)
Sorry I don't watch BONES. Want to fight about it?Tongue
Quote:"An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity. "
Martin Luther King, Jr.
I had thought she just had a troubling childhood, considering her parents were brutally murdered.
I like the way you think!
...But please stop thinking, it's not you.
(October 13, 2010 at 5:02 am)padraic Wrote: A burning question: Does Dr Temperance Brennan have Asperger's or is she just weird?

Regardless, I still think she's hot, albeit about 20 years too young for me. By that I mean I'd be invisible to her if we were alone in a lift. (elevator)
I'm Aspie and the only men I like are usually 10-20 years older than me Razz
"Philosophy would do well to desist from issuing any further injunctions about the need to re-establish the meaningfulness of existence, the purposefulness of life, or mend the shattered concord between man and nature. It should strive to be more than a sop to the pathetic twinge of human self-esteem. Nihilism is not an existential quandary but a speculative opportunity." - Ray Brassier
My Blog, Nazis are Sexy
Quote:I'm Aspie and the only men I like are usually 10-20 years older than me

Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Going by the little I know of Aspergers, there's a good chance you are indeed intellectually superior to most people on this forum,although perhaps not so much in terms of social skills and empathy.Angel Cloud

Sadly, I'm 40 years older than you,so probably out of luck. That and living in Australia.Tongue
(October 13, 2010 at 8:40 pm)HeyItsZeus Wrote: Sorry I don't watch BONES. Want to fight about it?Tongue

No, but if you look like Melanie Deschanel I'll let you spank me.Cool Shades
(October 17, 2010 at 3:42 am)padraic Wrote: Ah, that makes a lot of sense. Going by the little I know of Aspergers, there's a good chance you are indeed intellectually superior to most people on this forum,although perhaps not so much in terms of social skills and empathy.Angel Cloud
Remember, an absence is not a lack. Not having empathy is something I consider extremely useful, and as far as social 'skills' - well, not being able to do things you have no interest in isn't much of a drawback.
Quote:Sadly, I'm 40 years older than you,so probably out of luck. That and living in Australia.Tongue
Silly people in upside down land.
"Philosophy would do well to desist from issuing any further injunctions about the need to re-establish the meaningfulness of existence, the purposefulness of life, or mend the shattered concord between man and nature. It should strive to be more than a sop to the pathetic twinge of human self-esteem. Nihilism is not an existential quandary but a speculative opportunity." - Ray Brassier
My Blog, Nazis are Sexy
Quote:Remember, an absence is not a lack. Not having empathy is something I consider extremely useful, and as far as social 'skills' - well, not being able to do things you have no interest in isn't much of a drawback.

I also have an absence of empathy and the social skills of a comatose chicken. I've learned to compensate, but if I had my druthers, I'd druther have those skills. I only gave up on acquiring them at age 54. I've been much more content since, not to mention far more misanthropic.Tiger

I'm sincerely happy for you if you don't feel deprived.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What Does/Does Not Offend You? BrianSoddingBoru4 51 6244 December 22, 2016 at 8:14 pm
Last Post: brewer