Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 7:28 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your favorite "original" gaming song
Your favorite "original" gaming song
Not a song that already existed and incorporated into the game.

Rather, an original song created specifically for the game.

I have two favorites from Dragon Age: Inquisition

Empress of Fire
The Dawn Will Come
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
RE: Your favorite "original" gaming song
My favorite thread you have ever made, Kitkat.

I have many equal #1 favorites, as I adore many original VG OSTs.... here are some of my absolute faves:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvytTVeTxCE

Zelda's always had a great soundtrack. This is what started it all. The title theme of the first game.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

The music to Ultima Underworld was my fav back in the day.
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
''Dearly Beloved'' - from Kingdom Hearts

Oh, man, there's too many to list. So many Square-Enix games have fantastic composers (Nobuo Uematsu, Yoko Shimomura, Yasunori Mitsuda). I'll just make a list of some games with soundtracks that I couldn't live without (excluding ones that were already mentioned like Zelda and Kingdom Hearts):

Super Mario RPG
Final Fantasy VII and VIII
Xenogears
Parasite Eve

I know, mostly old-school but a lot of newer stuff doesn't appeal to me quite as much. Although, the title theme for Zelda: Twilight Princess is one of my more recent favorites. The actual part I'm talking about is about 1:30 into the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kAwwQ7dTjRY

And, of course, the Super Smash Bros. Melee intro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbYUUaXPOMw
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
"Liberi Fatali" from the intro video of Final Fantasy VIII is probably my favorite.

I don't believe you. Get over it.
(July 23, 2017 at 6:41 pm)Jesster Wrote: "Liberi Fatali" from the intro video of Final Fantasy VIII is probably my favorite.

I do love the song but I can't help but wonder if the appeal of it got to me more because I saw the FMV it played over when I heard it the first time...but then, when I listen to the ending theme from Final Fantasy VII, it always brings tears to my eyes, even if I'm not watching the video of the Lifestream coming to the rescue...I've just seen it so many times, it's imprinted in my brain so I can see it vividly just by remembering the music. I think some songs only grow on me because they appear during a particular scene in a game or movie and I wouldn't otherwise have a pleasant association with the memory of the song.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
(July 24, 2017 at 12:15 am)Astonished Wrote:
(July 23, 2017 at 6:41 pm)Jesster Wrote: "Liberi Fatali" from the intro video of Final Fantasy VIII is probably my favorite.

I do love the song but I can't help but wonder if the appeal of it got to me more because I saw the FMV it played over when I heard it the first time...but then, when I listen to the ending theme from Final Fantasy VII, it always brings tears to my eyes, even if I'm not watching the video of the Lifestream coming to the rescue...I've just seen it so many times, it's imprinted in my brain so I can see it vividly just by remembering the music. I think some songs only grow on me because they appear during a particular scene in a game or movie and I wouldn't otherwise have a pleasant association with the memory of the song.

I'm not even much of a Final Fantasy fan (including 7 or 8). I think they're mostly mediocre games. I just like the song. I actually do like 10 a lot, but I'm not particularly attached to any of its songs.
I don't believe you. Get over it.
Oh. This is pretty fucking awesome too:

Not a remix... the remastering is just playing the same old midi tune with better quality synths than the old midi ones that the original was written in

Here's the original midi version in case anyone is interested:

This music is so fucking immersive with the game.

The original Midi version still sounds amazing to me. Amazing what a fantastic composer can get out of shitty midi quality instruments.

The composer is Kevin Schilder by the way... the same composer who composed this:

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Gaming News Foxaèr 48 2299 Yesterday at 11:59 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What is/was your favorite arcade game? Angrboda 27 2143 August 12, 2023 at 5:21 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Gaming memes Foxaèr 1 404 April 22, 2019 at 7:40 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Our gaming screenshots Foxaèr 0 305 July 20, 2018 at 5:14 am
Last Post: Foxaèr
  Your gaming style? Foxaèr 42 6498 May 2, 2018 at 12:11 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Need gaming party members purplepurpose 4 1008 March 2, 2018 at 10:04 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  Digital or Phsyical for gaming Sterben 27 4957 December 19, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Sterben
  The Original Starcraft... is now completely legally free. Edwardo Piet 16 2563 August 27, 2017 at 7:49 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Your favorite role-playing video games Casca 18 2732 November 18, 2016 at 3:23 pm
Last Post: ApeNotKillApe
  Older gaming blahman212 35 5246 November 18, 2015 at 2:33 pm
Last Post: blahman212