Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 9:39 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Simuation of heroism.
Simuation of heroism.
A really good point stuck to my mind regarding art. You can notice it in the epic music, films, theater, games - the mood of heroism is almost everywhere. But people just wish to enjoy "simulation of heroism" for the most part, I guess.

The whole Hollywood industry is driven by money and yet it "preaches" such painful yet beautiful ideas.
RE: Simuation of heroism.
You're right. I personally end up rooting for the antagonist.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
On a personal level, I prefer the simulation of heroism to actual heroism, because I'm not fond of shitting myself.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(July 23, 2017 at 10:30 am)Lutrinae Wrote: You're right.  I personally end up rooting for the antagonist.

I'm too soft to root for masochistic, brutal and often crazy antagonists.
Did anyone else misread the title as 'Stimulation of heroine'?
Sum ergo sum
(July 23, 2017 at 10:28 am)purplepurpose Wrote: A really good point stuck to my mind regarding art. You can notice it in the epic music, films, theater, games - the mood of heroism is almost everywhere. But people just wish to enjoy "simulation of heroism" for the most part, I guess.

The whole Hollywood industry is driven by money and yet it "preaches" such painful yet beautiful ideas.

While I do value western concepts of art and the free expression of art, at the same time there is tons of garbage out there at the same time. I do think we as a species worship far to much utopias in the form of our leaders and the reality is there is no such thing as a utopia.

Hero stories may make for a good story, but in reality, blind worship is ignorant and dangerous.
(July 23, 2017 at 10:28 am)purplepurpose Wrote: A really good point stuck to my mind regarding art. You can notice it in the epic music, films, theater, games - the mood of heroism is almost everywhere. But people just wish to enjoy "simulation of heroism" for the most part, I guess.

"Adventure is someone a long way away having a hell of a hard time."