Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 10:25 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
'Gone Almighty'
'Gone Almighty'
http://www.qi.com/news/item.php?id=819
Article on the QI website about the predicted decline in church attendance in Britain.
Evf
RE: 'Gone Almighty'
One can only hope that the trend comes over to the US
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason." Benjamin Franklin

::Blogs:: Boston Atheism Examiner - Boston Atheists Blog | :Tongueodcast:: Boston Atheists Report
They did make a good point though. Church attendance is only one aspect of most theists life. Many others do everything but attend church, particularly when given that some denominations of Christianity see church as optional.

I think a more meaningful statistic would be the growing number of people coming out and stating that they are atheist or agnostic.
LOL. I used to be a pretty militant atheist during the end years of my high school and they made us go to church services every morning at my lutheran school. haha i wagged so bad.
i wish i could go back to highschool to do things differently.. to be more vocal about my non-beliefs.. i felt outcast and slightly alone. i also always doubted my science teachers and found it difficult to respect what they said due to the likelyhood of them being religious. i had always hoped they were just at the school for the pay.
[Image: geelong_football_club.jpg]My site: http://puglover.org
Bex loves: skiing, bike riding, maths, pugs,
her atheist society, politics and religious studies.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God... (GONE SEXUAL!!!) ScienceAf 22 2826 August 22, 2016 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: ScienceAf
  When religion is gone onebluethinker 18 3428 February 25, 2015 at 12:38 pm
Last Post: robvalue
  Have you ever gone back? Bad Writer 31 7092 August 9, 2013 at 5:26 pm
Last Post: Doubting Thomas
  Atheists Gone Wild infidel666 5 3626 October 22, 2008 at 10:01 am
Last Post: infidel666