Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:49 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guns and Ammo....Yea, it is clickbait.....
Guns and Ammo....Yea, it is clickbait.....
No it isn't about guns, but that I am a fan of the 70s/80s sitcom MASH.

The title of the thread is a spoof of the later character character Charles Winchester <------get it?

So anywho, a platoon leader comes in to the post op to talk to his troops and starts berating a soldier with a stuttering problem. Anyone who has watched that show long term knows Winchester is normally a snob and berates everyone for not listening to classical music. So Winchester pulls the guy aside and threatens to report the asshole if he doesn't lay off.

MASH really was part of why I am such a liberal today. Sure I can do without the religious tones that pop up in it sometimes. But I always loved the compassion in that show.
RE: Guns and Ammo....Yea, it is clickbait.....
I remember the show where they had a soldier in a tank of water. They were digging out the bits that burned while submerged. Deja vu sucks.
(August 4, 2017 at 7:28 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I remember the show where they had a soldier in a tank of water. They were digging out the bits that burned while submerged. Deja vu sucks.

phosphorus was in his wounds

they had to put a chemical in the water that made the phosphorus  fluoresce or something so they could find it

Good, and VERY memorable episode.

I loved watching to see who the hunky good looking soldier(s) of the week was going to be.  I think Greg Evigan made an early career appearance on MASH to great effect.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

The all time best M*A*S*H episode was the one where Margaret went to the village to deliver a baby and Burns thought she'd been kidnapped.  Some of the best lines:

Potter:  'How did it happen, Burns?'

Burns:  'I was cleaning my weapon and it discharged prematurely. Sir, I have reason to believe that Major Houlihan has been captured by the Chinese.'

Potter:  'I see.  So, naturally, you shot Captain Hunnicutt.'

Radar:  'Colonel Potter, sir?'

Potter:  'Radar, you can call me either "colonel" or "sir", you don't have to call me both.'

Radar:  'Yes, sir, Colonel.'

Potter:  'That's better.'

Radar:  'Nudidity makes me breathe funny.'

Hawkeye:  [To the tune of 'Smoke Gets In Your Eyes]  'They asked me how I knew / Her brassiere was blue...'

Col. Flagg:  'I'm dressed as Ling Chow, Chinese double agent.'

Potter:  'Funny, you don't look Chinese.'

Flagg:  'Neither would Ling Chow if he were dressed like this.'

Klinger:  'Good morning, my colonel.'

Potter:  'Klinger, you look lovely in yellow.'

Klinger:  'Always a gentleman, sir!'

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(August 4, 2017 at 9:49 pm)vorlon13 Wrote:
(August 4, 2017 at 7:28 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I remember the show where they had a soldier in a tank of water. They were digging out the bits that burned while submerged. Deja vu sucks.

phosphorus was in his wounds

they had to put a chemical in the water that made the phosphorus  fluoresce or something so they could find it

Good, and VERY memorable episode.

I loved watching to see who the hunky good looking soldier(s) of the week was going to be.  I think Greg Evigan made an early career appearance on MASH to great effect.
Yeah, Willy Peter. (Redundant?)
I like the one where they filled Frank's fox hole with water then shouted "AIR RAID!"
I always liked the episode when they had to save the gravely wounded soldier in real time, with the clock in the corner of the screen. It was one of the first times I saw the dramatic possibilities of a TV comedy explored. All In the Family supplied another memorable example of that, when Archie and Michael got locked in the basement together.
(August 5, 2017 at 9:58 am)Crossless2.0 Wrote: I always liked the episode when they had to save the gravely wounded soldier in real time, with the clock in the corner of the screen. It was one of the first times I saw the dramatic possibilities of a TV comedy explored. All In the Family supplied another memorable example of that, when Archie and Michael got locked in the basement together.

Yea that was the one where they didn't want him dying on Christmas day. I value the conveying of compassion in that episode but now that I am an atheist I look back at it and think what a bunch of superstitious nonsense. 50 million people die on average world wide 365 days a year. Yea death sucks, but there is nothing special about that particular day.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Of Angels and guns. Brian37 6 578 October 10, 2021 at 3:55 pm
Last Post: no one
  Religious Art: Yea or Nay? BrianSoddingBoru4 28 2937 January 17, 2018 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: Martian Mermaid
  When You Make A Song And...[Total Clickbait] Edwardo Piet 0 490 September 16, 2017 at 6:30 am
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Guns n Roses - Civil War. ib.me.ub 1 877 November 13, 2010 at 11:44 am
Last Post: Paul the Human
  Guns n Roses - November Rain. ib.me.ub 3 1246 November 13, 2010 at 8:00 am
Last Post: ib.me.ub