Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 7:56 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unofficial Big Bang Theory fan thread.
Unofficial Big Bang Theory fan thread.
I was just watching a rerun with a cameo by scientist Brian Greene. Sheldon in his usual obnoxious fashion stood up and asked Brian, "Have you ever considered doing something useful, like reading to the elderly."

My other favorite was when Neil Degrasse Tyson had his cameo. They do lots of jokes referencing Hawking too.

Post your favorite clips or favorite lines from the show.
RE: Unofficial Big Bang Theory fan thread.
The parents, Penny's dad, Sheldon's mom, and Leonard's and Raj's squabbling and divorcing folks are scene stealers. There might be a spinoff show there.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 8, 2017 at 7:52 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: The parents, Penny's dad, Sheldon's mom, and Leonard's and Raj's  squabbling and divorcing folks are scene stealers.  There might be a spinoff show there.

They are already attempting a spin off called "Young Sheldon" but without a studio audience. I am not too fond of that idea. I think the smart bet would to make Sheldon Saturday morning cartoon educational show about science. 

Lenard's mom is fucking awesome, knows how to make anyone feel small. Sheldon's mom is scientifically dumb as rocks but I like her character cause even with that you know she still has good intent. 

I like Howard's mom. The episode when they brought her ashes back, but the airline lost them, and Bernadette was getting angry at the lady behind the counter and shouted something like, "I don't care what you have to do, either way we are leaving with a dead body!" (Meaning if you don't find her ashes I am going to kill you).
Howard's mom was a little different. I loved the voice characterizations, and the convergence/congruence of Howards mom and his wife is hysterical, but we NEVER GOT TO SEE HER.

Always reminded me of Maris, but that's just me.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 8, 2017 at 8:21 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Howard's mom was a little  different.  I loved the voice characterizations, and the convergence/congruence of Howards mom and his wife is hysterical, but we NEVER GOT TO SEE HER.

Always reminded me of Maris, but that's just me.

The unseen character is not a unique motif. Magnum PI had the never seen Robin Masters. The Original Charlies Angels you never saw Charlie. Home Improvement you never saw Wilson's full face. And yea, then there is Maris from Frazier.

Howard's mom reminds me a little of mine. Shouted at me sure, but I never thought she didn't love me and we never stayed angry at each other.
Sheldon to his mom, "Evolution is fact"

Sheldon's mom, "And that is your opinion"......

Cringe worthy but still funny. I still love it because it open the door in pop media for skeptics to feel more comfortable being open skeptics.
This show might very well be the least funny program since the ACTUAL Big Bang.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(August 9, 2017 at 9:42 am)Aegon Wrote: This show might very well be the least funny program since the ACTUAL Big Bang.

i have not seen that level of quick paced funny since Night Court. I love TBBT!
I know this is a fan thread but the show is terrible.

The jokes are nearly 100% based on predictable stereotypical characters, gimmicks and catchphrases. 

Sheldon has misread some social interaction leading to hilarious consequences for the 1000th time, the Indian has trouble talking to girls, the Jew has a loud annoying mother who has various nagging things to say to him, Penny is good looking and not as smart as the geeks.
They are all very smart but Sheldon is the smartest.

It's not the most horrible thing I've seen on TV but it's definitely over hyped in my opinion.

Are you ready for the fire? We are firemen. WE ARE FIREMEN! The heat doesn’t bother us. We live in the heat. We train in the heat. It tells us that we’re ready, we’re at home, we’re where we’re supposed to be. Flames don’t intimidate us. What do we do? We control the flame. We control them. We move the flames where we want to. And then we extinguish them.

Impersonation is treason.

(August 9, 2017 at 10:10 am)paulpablo Wrote: I know this is a fan thread but the show is terrible.

The jokes are nearly 100% based on predictable stereotypical characters, gimmicks and catchphrases. 

Sheldon has misread some social interaction leading to hilarious consequences for the 1000th time, the Indian has trouble talking to girls, the Jew has a loud annoying mother who has various nagging things to say to him, Penny is good looking and not as smart as the geeks.
They are all very smart but Sheldon is the smartest.

It's not the most horrible thing I've seen on TV but it's definitely over hyped in my opinion.

To you, sure, obvious by this post, but good thing about the west is one person doesn't get to dictate what other people like.

I don't think it is overrated one bit. While it does exaggerate characters, you can see that with the history with pop media and Hollywood. The show's intent is to humanize different people to each other. It is why for example, they have Sheldon be a product of a deeply religious mother. It is why you have Jew marry a Catholic. It is why the characters pick on each other, not because they hate each other, but because they are friends.

I think it will have positive long term impact just like Star Trek. It has the potential to inspire youth to do after science degrees. It has always conveyed the message of tolerance even having the nerds poke fun of themselves even has Penny poke fun of her own white mid west past.

Penny and Sheldon in the laundry room.

Penny, "I miss your jibber jabber"

Sheldon, " You know where the phrase jibber jabber comes from?"

Penny, "OH MY GOD, you are going to jibber jabber about jibber jabber."

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Big squarish dick-thing in Dune? Gawdzilla Sama 26 1279 January 10, 2024 at 1:16 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Will you miss the big theaters? Gawdzilla Sama 51 3348 January 13, 2021 at 2:44 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  The unofficial random Triva thread....... Brian37 110 4246 March 27, 2019 at 9:36 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Being a Big Band/Contemp Jazz & Metallica fan... Brian37 5 944 April 15, 2018 at 4:06 am
Last Post: zebo-the-fat
  The Big Picture (Sean Carroll) GrandizerII 5 1092 February 6, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Unofficial Metallica Thread.... Brian37 10 835 November 30, 2017 at 7:30 am
Last Post: Sal
  The unofficial ABBA originals vs cover thread. Brian37 22 5168 November 22, 2017 at 4:44 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  Unofficial Pat Benatar Thread...... Brian37 0 348 November 20, 2017 at 4:51 pm
  First Children's Book to Teach the Big Bang to preschoolers GeorgiasTelescope 15 3632 June 24, 2017 at 7:54 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Unofficial Weird Al Thread....... Brian37 6 1142 July 12, 2016 at 6:35 pm