Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 9:45 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crashing weddings...
Crashing weddings...
http://www.cbsnews.com/news/newlyweds-se...e=facebook
SPARTA, N.J. -- Some New Jersey newlyweds are looking for a couple who were the life of the party at their wedding reception. The problem is that the couple was not actually invited.

CBS New York spoke exclusively to the bride and groom, Karen and Michael Tufo.

Snapshots show two people dancing it up at a wedding in Sparta, New Jersey Sunday, but the bride and groom say they were complete strangers.

"We knew from the second we saw them, they didn't belong," Karen Tufo said. "When they first sat down, the table called them Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughn."

She was referring to the 2005 hit movie "Wedding Crashers" where characters scheme their way into weddings for a free party. The uninvited guests pulled off a real life sequel.

"I made the table arrangements. I knew who was at each table, and I saw them and I figured, it must have been someone I haven't met before," Karen Tufo said.
The uninvited couple avoided both bride and groom, who were caught up in the celebration. Even the bridesmaids were too distracted to ask questions.

"Any time she came over, a good song came on, we would start dancing, and then it just got away from me," said maid of honor Aimee Boardman.

And then the crashers became the life of the party.

The next morning, the newlyweds opened a card. Inside was a $1 bill and a message that read: "Congratulations, sorry for crashing your wedding, best of luck."

"We laughed," Tufo said. "We're like, 'Oh my God, we got wedding crashed. That's so funny.'"

Now, the entire wedding party is trying to track down the two strangers who made an already special day legendary.

"I want to shake their hands and tell them good job," Tufo said.

The newlyweds said a couple of invited guests were no-shows, so there was food and drinks to spare. But they'll still keep the dollar.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Crashing weddings...
We used to do this with dates when in undergrad school (to cash poor for a real date). About 75% success rate of not being kicked out.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
RE: Crashing weddings...
I'm guessing most people don't know a quarter of the people invited to their wedding so that's not really that surprising.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Funerals and Weddings, a waste of money. Brian37 36 10303 March 6, 2015 at 2:10 am
Last Post: psychoslice