Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:52 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Is "God."
What Is "God."
I am assuming that for most of you at a forum like this, he is a fairy tale.  But what of the believers.  Such as Christians or muslims.  I think they would be surprised by the answer.  Because consider this.  Who is most likely to know what god is.  A christian or muslim?  Or a follower of the religion that created their notion of god.  Namely, judaism.  I will include a picture with a quote by a prominent jew.  He says who "god" actually is.  And being a follower of judaism, he would be in a better position to know.  Not only that, being jewish, he would have every reason to lie about such a thing.  Seeing that he didn't, chances are FAR better than not that he knew what he was talking about.

[Image: VvoeMPe.jpg] 
  Also, he would be in a better position to know what most jews know.  And according to him, most jews must know this.  They just don't like to admit it.
RE: What Is "God."
Oh for fuck's sake...
<insert profound quote here>
(August 14, 2017 at 4:47 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Oh for fuck's sake...

They are lacking originality Neo.
a word.
At least he said Lucifer and not Mammon.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Did I say something you disagree with?

(August 14, 2017 at 5:24 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: At least he said Lucifer and not Mammon.

Maybe you mean the evil deity that jews sometimes (if not always) worship named Moloch.  From what I gather, it was (maybe still is) often the custom for jews to symbolically sacrifice their children to him.  Or as I have also heard it put, to cause their children to "pass through the fire."
(August 14, 2017 at 5:26 pm)laserthought Wrote:

Did I say something you disagree with?

Yes, this quoting malarkey is a bit of a bastard but do try harder. What's the topic of your next thread? Atheist hedonists? Aye that's one we haven't covered for a while. Go for it!
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
Nobody can know what "god" is because we have no concrete evidence for such a being.  It's not even possible to give a definition that most humans would agree with.  Until we can prove that such a creature exists, it's all fantasy.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
Why are you a person?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Oh, look, a wannabe Nazi. How original. How edgy.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  God is love. God is just. God is merciful. Chad32 62 19368 October 21, 2014 at 9:55 am
Last Post: Cheerful Charlie