Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 4:02 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2, continued . . .
Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2, continued . . .
Poor little guy, recently noticed he was curled up on the floor, gripping the floor with his front paws, and it wasn't a playing posture.

Picked him up and he was vibrating.  From his position, I figured he was having a severe dizzy spell and he seemed to come out of it fairly quickly.

He has his own room on the main floor now, so not having to negotiate the stairs has been good for both of us, and he has been running through the house occasionally the last several months, and he is able to run in a straight line now, so figured he was overall doing well with infrequent bouts of the whirlies.

Anyhow, decided to talk to the vet, and as soon as I said the part about curled up and vibrating, he said "Seizure".

R'uh r'oh !!!

So we've had a new exam and his inner ear has some inflammation and swelling.  Received a long lasting cortisone injection and an antibiotic too.  Vet explained the nerve there is close enough to his brain to induce a seizure and he is not otherwise having a brain problem.

So that's where we're at.

Also noticed, the trip to the vet wasn't particularly stressful, and cat was pretty calm on the exam table, even while getting his ears cleaned out.  I think he has figured out the vet is a good thing and he's showing some tolerance now.

He's been ESPECIALLY adorable since, LOL !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2, continued . . .
Poor EABC2. I hope the shot helps and he gets to feeling better soon.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
No more seizures I hope !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Vet also stressed, "NO MORE STAIRS !!!" and it's regardless if he gets better or not, he could be seriously injured.
I'm real good about stairs going up to close the door, he used to live upstairs and is curious. As for basement, it's a little tougher, I like to leave the door open so I can hear door bell. He will sneak down if he thinks I'm not vigilant. At least when he is sneaking down, he's super careful so as to not attract my attention. However, when I notice (if he is trying) and I react he runs back up, probably need to work out something there.

LOL, I've always wanted a main floor laundry, funny if cat problem was the impetus to do it.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So my cat wants to eat me? Whaaaa? Brian37 29 2038 January 22, 2019 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Phoque
  Emergency Auxiliary Backup Cat #2 health scare vorlon13 121 9053 November 18, 2016 at 6:43 pm
Last Post: Mermaid