Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 4:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump labor pick Pizella promoted sweatshops.
Trump labor pick Pizella promoted sweatshops.
http://www.motherjones.com/politics/2017...s-islands/

At a July Senate confirmation hearing, Pizzella said he didn’t remember much about the work he did in the late 1990s to help the Northern Mariana Islands—a US commonwealth 1,500 miles from Japan—defeat a bipartisan effort to rein in a guest worker program that the Labor Department found relied on indentured workers. When Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) asked Pizzella whether he knew about reports of forced abortions and routine beatings at the time, Pizzella replied, “I was not aware of any such thing.”
RE: Trump labor pick Pizella promoted sweatshops.
Of course he wasn't.
Al Franken:

Giant of the Senate !!
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(August 24, 2017 at 6:54 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Al Franken:

Giant of the Senate !!

I had serious reservations about Franken when he was elected - in retrospect, the man has really distinguished himself.
You gotta admit...the republicunts really lowered the bar.

[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRD2rdf_CuWq9Ny7b82juh..._B9DmBxcuY]

[Image: rand-paul-mug_5fea106e0eb494469a75e60d8f...0-320.jpeg]

But yeah.... Franken's a giant now.
This is the pattern the Trump administration has shown. Put people in cabinet positions where their job is to regulate things they have no interest in regulating.
(August 24, 2017 at 10:03 pm)Industrial Lad Wrote: This is the pattern the Trump administration has shown. Put people in cabinet positions where their job is to regulate things they have no interest in regulating.

Or... they have no clue as to what they are doing and never possessed the qualifications to run that particular department in the first place. DeVoss is a prime example.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Psh, at least that's relevant experience.  Trumps pick to be the top scientist at the USDA is a right wing radio host loon that doesn't believe in science but does believe in birtherism.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 24, 2017 at 10:13 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Psh, at least that's relevant experience.  Trumps pick to be the top scientist at the USDA is a right wing radio host loon that doesn't believe in science but does believe in birtherism.

See how predictable he is? Shoulda seen that one coming.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
Is anyone surprised a Trump supporter worked in what's virtually the slave trade
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why you should fear Trump's pick for Supreme Court Judge Foxaèr 75 4209 October 31, 2020 at 10:52 am
Last Post: TaraJo
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1058 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36890 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  The Orange Turd Sure Can Pick 'Em Minimalist 1 429 April 24, 2018 at 7:38 am
Last Post: Crossless2.0
  The WLB's Next Supreme Court Pick? Minimalist 0 458 March 15, 2018 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Dems pick LGBT woman of color for SOTU rebuttal John V 10 1860 January 27, 2018 at 6:04 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  I'm awfully confused: how do Trump supporters relate to Trump NuclearEnergy 11 3153 March 7, 2017 at 4:24 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Is Trump's election bad for Trump's businesses? Jehanne 22 4121 November 15, 2016 at 1:03 am
Last Post: CWoods
  Donald Trump's doctor regrets saying "Trump will be the healtheist president" ReptilianPeon 3 1679 August 30, 2016 at 6:32 pm
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Stephen Colbert...Trump Debates Trump Minimalist 2 1273 January 30, 2016 at 8:22 pm
Last Post: Chad32