Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 1:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Greetings one and all!
Greetings one and all!
Hello one and all. 

I am a devout Catholic poster, new to this forum. 

I have always counted myself as Catholic even though I disagreed with much of Churche's teaching and a part of me though it was a corrupt, backward isntitution.

I was functionally agnostic and really didn't think much about the whole God thing.

I recently had sort of a rough time in my life and decided to really study Catholicism hoping it could provide me with some form of support. Shockingly enough it did.

I realize that the Catholic Church in the form of it's Pope and nobility in Europe did some terrible things throughout history (including very recently.) The way I reconcile that with my faith is my view that the Church is a divine institution headed by at times bad and flawed people.

I personally do believe in God, Jesus and the Virgin Mary. I think the Catholic Church has a fascinating spirituality and philosophy and I would be happy to answer and all questions one might have about its (more like her) believes and practices.

I hope for productive (non acrimonious!) discussions!
RE: Greetings one and all!
Heh heh

Welcome.
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
Welcome and Good Luck!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(August 27, 2017 at 7:35 pm)CatholicDefender Wrote: I personally do believe in God, Jesus and the Virgin Mary. I think the Catholic Church has a fascinating spirituality and philosophy and I would be happy to answer and all questions one might have about its (more like her) believes and practices.

I hope for productive (non acrimonious!) discussions!

Welcome.

Since you've offered to answer questions, what do you think about the sexual abuse, including that of children, that is endemic in the Catholic Church? How do you see merit in an institution that, from the top down, tolerates and tries to cover up this kind of perversion?
Welcome.

Consider me the modern day Saint Guinefort. Woof!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Welcome
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Why do you assume that we have questions pertaining to Catholicism? Many of us are ex-Christians, you know. Might you have any questions for us regarding why we are atheists? This is AF after all...
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Welcome (back?).
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(August 27, 2017 at 8:23 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why do you assume that we have questions pertaining to Catholicism?  Many of us are ex-Christians, you know.  Might you have any questions for us regarding why we are atheists?  This is AF after all...

Lol I was thinking that. I love how theists come here thinking we're ignorant to what they are and believe. They come here thinking they'll teach us something new and we'll ask them as we swim in curiosity and rejoice in this new light. I probably know the Bible more than half of them and spent more time sitting in the front row seat of a church than one can imagine. What am I gonna ask that I'm actually interested in? lol Are your nuns pretty?

But I limited myself to "heh heh" because intro reasons.  Shy
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
(August 27, 2017 at 9:00 pm)J a c k Wrote:
(August 27, 2017 at 8:23 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why do you assume that we have questions pertaining to Catholicism?  Many of us are ex-Christians, you know.  Might you have any questions for us regarding why we are atheists?  This is AF after all...

Lol I was thinking that. I love how theists come here thinking we're ignorant to what they are and believe. They come here thinking they'll teach us something new and we'll ask them as we swim in curiosity and rejoice in this new light. I probably know the Bible more than half of them and spent more time sitting in the front row seat of a church than one can imagine. What am I gonna ask that I'm actually interested in? lol Are your nuns pretty?

But I limited myself to "heh heh" because intro reasons.  Shy

Lol, sexy nuns!  Are there sexy nuns...?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Greetings from Serbia! :) EvolucijaSvesti 12 774 November 16, 2023 at 6:21 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Blessings/Greetings to all here. Nishant Xavier 10 1192 June 15, 2023 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Greetings deleted 6 814 June 7, 2023 at 12:34 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Greetings!! jonahhockey34 7 1295 October 26, 2022 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  Greetings Pnerd 13 1263 May 21, 2022 at 1:06 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Greetings everyone h311inac311 11 1286 May 5, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  Greetings...... PabloTescobar 22 2798 September 15, 2020 at 10:18 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Greetings. Impaler here. impaler 12 1023 August 27, 2020 at 6:14 pm