Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 9:08 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steely Dan!!!!
Steely Dan!!!!
Walter Becker dies at 67.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

RE: Steely Dan!!!!
(September 3, 2017 at 4:53 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Walter Becker dies at 67.

Seen that name a couple times today, didn't know who that was. I always got Steely Dan mixed up with FleetWood Mac. 

But then again, I was never into either and really didn't get deep into music until the 1980s.
(September 3, 2017 at 5:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote:
(September 3, 2017 at 4:53 pm)chimp3 Wrote: Walter Becker dies at 67.

Seen that name a couple times today, didn't know who that was. I always got Steely Dan mixed up with FleetWood Mac. 

But then again, I was never into either and really didn't get deep into music until the 1980s.
I ignored them when they were current. Later, in my 40's realized their brilliance.

Was very sad to hear this news today on my way home from work. An outstanding guitarist, part of a great songwriting duo, and possessed of a wit that could wilt iron. Thanks for the music and memories, guys.

(September 3, 2017 at 5:45 pm)chimp3 Wrote:
(September 3, 2017 at 5:43 pm)Brian37 Wrote: Seen that name a couple times today, didn't know who that was. I always got Steely Dan mixed up with FleetWood Mac. 

I ignored them when they were current. Later, in my 40's realized their brilliance.

I actually went to a "combo" concert in the 1990s where Pat Benatar was the final act and Fleetwood Mac, while did not open for them, but I guess considered equal but first, and I thought they SUCKED. No, not meaning their studio quality, just like it seemed they had an off night.

Had the same experience with REO Speedwagon leading into Pat Benatar at another concert. No, I am not sucking up to her, but it seemed the local sound techs were working out the errors. But it also sounded to me like the band members lacked sleep or whatever, because they seemed off.

But, since this is a Steely Dan related thread here is the song I know of.

My parents were convinced that Steely Dan was a prime mover to blame for my pot smoking.

Stupid parents!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
so this is what it's like to get old . .

outliving folks I'd rather not and the icing on the cake is then croaking myself . . .
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

A piece of trivia: In college Becker and Fagen's band was called The Leather Canaries. The drummer was Chevy Chase.

(September 3, 2017 at 7:41 pm)chimp3 Wrote: A piece of trivia: In college Becker and Fagen's band was called The Leather Canaries. The drummer was Chevy Chase.

Sad
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Dan Wheldon 1978-2011 popeyespappy 1 1057 October 16, 2011 at 7:55 pm
Last Post: Autumnlicious