Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 6:32 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Deepmind versus Thought Curvature
Google Deepmind versus Thought Curvature
[Image: 1qOIvRh.gif]

Intriguingly, both the Google Deepmind paper, "Early Visual Concept Learning" (June 2016) and the paper of mine, entitled "Thought curvature" (May 2016):

(1) Consider combining somethings in machine learning called translation invariant, and translation variant paradigms (i.e. disentangling factors of variation)

(2) Do (1) particularly in the regime of reinforcement learning, causal laws of physics, and manifolds.

FOOTNOTE:
Notably, beyond the Deepmind paper, thought curvature describes the (machine learning related) algebra of Supermanifolds, instead of mere manifolds.

QUESTION:
Given particular streams of evidence...(i.e. paper "Supersymmetric methods in the traveling variable"), is a degree of the super-manifold structure a viable path in the direction of Artificial General Intelligence?
RE: Google Deepmind versus Thought Curvature
Probably.
ProgrammingGodJordan!
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Get banned already, PGJ. I reported you freaking hours ago.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Google Waymo launched Ai self driving car service 2 days ago. blue grey brain 0 250 December 8, 2018 at 2:48 am
Last Post: blue grey brain
  The WSJ versus the NAS Jehanne 5 1321 November 7, 2017 at 4:34 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Antikythera mechanism possibly older than previously thought? Jackalope 33 3388 November 30, 2014 at 8:36 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
Wink Google BUILDS 100% self-driving electric car, no wheel, no pedals. MountainsWinAgain 14 2167 May 29, 2014 at 3:27 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Gravity Variations Over Earth Much Bigger Than Previously Thought KichigaiNeko 0 970 September 10, 2013 at 12:37 pm
Last Post: KichigaiNeko
  The word for moving thought space Gooders1002 11 3597 June 9, 2013 at 7:32 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  A disturbing thought Napoléon 11 2471 January 23, 2013 at 4:01 pm
Last Post: Napoléon