Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 18, 2024, 11:35 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...)
[Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...)
Hey guys, I'm back. Thanks once again for all of the helpful replies, they've really helped me out. Blush
But, I now would like your guys' advice on something I found out.

So, I had extra time today with nothing to do, so I was just thinking of something I could kill time with. I was just looking through the internet until it hit me. I should learn a little more about this girl before I do anything else. So I googled some of the places of where she said she was from. I then found a school which named all of the High School graduates and seen a name I thought was familiar: it was hers'. So I researched more until I found her middle name and plopped that in the search bar. I came across a facebook page to find her... and this other guy who looked way more grown up and had a full beard. Compared to this guy, I looked like I was born yesterday. I looked farther into the posts and confirmed it was her boyfriend. I didn't know whether to be excited, mad, or upset. The excitement would come from maybe being less nervous or complicated around her. So what I wanted to ask you guys is if I should still pursue her. More specifically if I should: quit, slow down, or keep on it.

Thank you guys once again, you've helped me quite a lot. I'll be eager to read your advice. Blush
RE: [Update 2] of (So, I complimented this girl today...)
Every guy has to deal with this kind of stuff. It sucks, I know. Try not to stay down for too long. There are other girls out there.
There's a world full of gals out there, man. 

It'd be best to keep it moving, I think.
If you pursue her, do it as a friendship.

Sounds like she's older, maybe more experienced and you may learn some things socially. Could expand your horizons. 

And if shit falls into place right, she may introduce you to her female friends. (nudge nudge)
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
It would be disrespectful to both her and her boyfriend to continue to try to pursue her. Also, she's not interested. Sad
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
(September 6, 2017 at 7:00 pm)spyrofannumber1 Wrote: Hey guys, I'm back. Thanks once again for all of the helpful replies, they've really helped me out. Blush
But, I now would like your guys' advice on something I found out.

So, I had extra time today with nothing to do, so I was just thinking of something I could kill time with. I was just looking through the internet until it hit me. I should learn a little more about this girl before I do anything else. So I googled some of the places of where she said she was from. I then found a school which named all of the High School graduates and seen a name I thought was familiar: it was hers'. So I researched more until I found her middle name and plopped that in the search bar. I came across a facebook page to find her... and this other guy who looked way more grown up and had a full beard. Compared to this guy, I looked like I was born yesterday. I looked farther into the posts and confirmed it was her boyfriend. I didn't know whether to be excited, mad, or upset. The excitement would come from maybe being less nervous or complicated around her. So what I wanted to ask you guys is if I should still pursue her. More specifically if I should: quit, slow down, or keep on it.

Thank you guys once again, you've helped me quite a lot. I'll be eager to read your advice. Blush

Here is an idea.  Accept that she probably already has a relationship of the sort you're looking for.  Probably nothing more will come of it.  But, since you've already broken the ice, if any further interaction should come from her side, just enjoy the opportunity to interact with her without any of those should I/shouldn't I thoughts.  Just let them go.

"Pursuing it further" is now off the table.  To do more is to enter the realm of stalkerdom.  You don't want to be that guy.
If she's in a romantic relationship DO NOT try to pursue a romantic relationship with her. This isn't the movies where her boyfriend is some putz and she's desperately waiting to be rescued by someone like you.

Also, DO NOT tell her you, essentially, stalked her on the internet.

This is why I always recommend that one person interested in another should simply try to become friends first. Because there's a decent chance that cute person across the classroom may have a significant other, or something else that may be a total deal breaker when it comes to romance.
"I was thirsty for everything, but blood wasn't my style" - Live, "Voodoo Lady"
If she has a boyfriend, move on. Aside from the rudeness of trying to intrude upon an established relationship, on a practical level it can be harmful to your health.

Keep looking, and remember that a 90% failure rate (not always rejection -- failure in the sense that they have a boyfriend or other pursuit, etc) is probably going to be par for the course. Make your peace with that and be appreciative of every honest possibility you have for a good relationship.

And I'd advise against ever again looking someone up online for background info. Aside from the creeptastic feel that sort of thing has, you will never hone your people-sense that way. Just be open to what tomorrow holds, let go of the desire to control how things pan out, and when you hear "no thanks" keep those feet moving.

Thanks for the info guys, I'll be sure to not pursue her again. I'll look elsewhere.

I know what I did was very creepy and immature, next time, I'll try not to have my curiosity get the better of me.

You guys are right, rejection is very common, and so is the occupied. Though there are many women throughout the world.

Thanks again. Smile
Still waiting for the live stream of the hidden cameras in her house. Dunno Don't leave us pervs hanging...
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How's the weather treating you today? Foxaèr 54 683 3 hours ago
Last Post: brewer
  What do you know today that you didn't know yesterday? BrianSoddingBoru4 3654 195255 4 hours ago
Last Post: Foxaèr
  What did you know yesterday that you don't know today? Gawdzilla Sama 14 1073 December 4, 2023 at 9:43 am
Last Post: brewer
  Awfully quiet today. arewethereyet 29 2254 April 9, 2023 at 6:34 pm
Last Post: Secular Elf
  Happy Birthday to all the members who were "born" today! Jehanne 7 682 January 4, 2023 at 1:08 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  So much for going to town today. onlinebiker 11 1103 February 19, 2021 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  My uncle died from COVID19 today. Jehanne 17 1082 November 26, 2020 at 1:50 pm
Last Post: Losty
  Maybe it is time for an update? Brian37 17 908 July 15, 2020 at 5:43 am
Last Post: Little lunch
  I heard from Rob today! ReptilianPeon 2 508 March 29, 2020 at 4:36 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Today was a good day...why? arewethereyet 35 3524 March 5, 2020 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4