Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 8:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What to do when I grow up?
What to do when I grow up?
Hey guys.

I've been pretty bored lately, and I've been thinking what I wanted to be when I grow up. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I'm still not sure. I was thinking about becoming a panhandler for the rest of my life, but it seems like a lazy way to get money. About a year and a half ago, I was in China for a two week field trip. I begged for money with my harmonica, and got some from a little boy, and some from his mother, and that was it. So, this really turned me off from that. Then, I thought about becoming an MMA fighter for my career. My father said I only wanted to do this because he thinks I'm violent. Every thing else in life seems boring, but I know I have to get a job doing something. I have a little more than a year and a half till I'm 18. I know many people change their majors quite a bit, but I'm just not sure. Any advice? Thanks. Blush
RE: What to do when I grow up?
Land mine defuser?
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

Street light inspector?
Piano accordion repair?
Don't grow up.

It's a TRAP!!
Dying to live, living to die.
Die young - leave a good-looking corpse.
Sniffing glue might be for you....
You're bored, young, violent, and you play the harmonica. You could have a bright future in prison.
(September 12, 2017 at 9:31 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: You're bored, young, violent, and you play the harmonica. You could have a bright future in prison.

All the classic requirements for an ex-con blues man. It's been done, though.

FWIW, I've been incarcerated, but I don't recommend it as a career path (though one can dig one's way out of that, with effort). I don't play the harmonica, though.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(September 12, 2017 at 6:26 pm)spyrofannumber1 Wrote: Hey guys.

I've been pretty bored lately, and I've been thinking what I wanted to be when I grow up. I've been thinking about this a lot lately, and I'm still not sure. I was thinking about becoming a panhandler for the rest of my life, but it seems like a lazy way to get money. About a year and a half ago, I was in China for a two week field trip. I begged for money with my harmonica, and got some from a little boy, and some from his mother, and that was it. So, this really turned me off from that. Then, I thought about becoming an MMA fighter for my career. My father said I only wanted to do this because he thinks I'm violent. Every thing else in life seems boring, but I know I have to get a job doing something. I have a little more than a year and a half till I'm 18. I know many people change their majors quite a bit, but I'm just not sure. Any advice? Thanks. Blush

Out of curiosity, how do you stand out from others? What intellectual, social, and cultural interests do you have? What is your definition of a meaningful/successful career and life?  Perhaps considering these questions might illuminate some career paths that didn't seem obvious at first, but nevertheless, they may be interesting to you.

Well, thanks for your thread, and I hope that you will find something that brings fulfillment and happiness to you.

(September 12, 2017 at 9:31 pm)Crossless2.0 Wrote: You're bored, young, violent, and you play the harmonica. You could have a bright future in prison.

Or in a punk folk band.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grow your own body parts! ignoramus 6 1720 July 26, 2014 at 7:04 am
Last Post: ignoramus