Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 20, 2024, 11:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wubba-Lubba-Dub-Dub!
Wubba-Lubba-Dub-Dub!
I. Fucking. LOVE. Rick and Morty.

Most adult-oriented animated programs are a dime a dozen nowadays but this one breaks the mold in so many ways. The cleverness of what goes on in that writer's room is South Park-ian in magnitude but with a scrumptious new flavor at its core.

That they manage to make continuity so consistent and bring things full circle, is impressive, and never holds the show back, nay, it only enhances things. I was blown away by this latest episode that really had nothing to do with 'our' Rick and Morty (except for the post-credits clip where they talked about gettin' up in that mermaid puss) but still painted a glorious picture of their multiverse antics.

Whether it's turning himself into a pickle to get out of accompanying the family to therapy and having to lick cockroach brains to construct a weaponized exosekeleton, to entrapping a group of self-righteous superheroes in a Saw-esque deathtrap while blackout drunk, this latest season is already easily my favorite, by far, and it still has 3 more episodes before it finishes.

Anyone else love the alcoholic genius and long-suffering teenage grandson? I think there's a little bit of both of them in all of us.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
RE: Wubba-Lubba-Dub-Dub!
I don't know I tried watching it and stopped at episode 2 because it bothers me that every scene is homage to some other movie (or is it re-make?). I'm just not into recycling. Like this scene was a showstopper for me.

[Image: ywtOzWqk_o.jpg]

Which to me seemed like a reference to "Shining"

[Image: vc9pMIzS_o.jpg]

I mean it is subtle, I guess, but it's just tiring to me and seems uninspired. But maybe the rest of the show is not like that?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I like it. It's pretty good and it's hard to get a handle on Rick's life philosophy, what drives him and whatnot. Maybe it is just for Szechuan sauce, who knows. I like the philosophical angle of the show.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
The homages are actually pretty great, and since they're more often than not lampooning them rather than just borrowing them, it's less distracting. In the very episode referenced, they're shitting on Inception even though they're using the concepts therein as a backdrop. But if the humor didn't grab you, I don't know what to tell you.

If you want to give it one more chance, I recommend skipping ahead to Rick Potion #9 (season 1, episode 6). If that doesn't convince you it's a hit, nothing will.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
I think the first two seasons were very good, but this one has been a little lower in quality. To be honest, BoJack Horseman is leagues better.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
I really like Rick and Morty, and really love Bojack Horseman. Would be great to see one destructive alcoholic meet the other.

[Image: tumblr_inline_nbamteyMps1qz59n2.jpg]
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
The reveal at the end of this latest episode was great. I love Rick and Morty.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Yeah I'm pretty into Rick and Morty. When I saw Rick was turned into a pickle, I was afraid it would suck, but it was awesome.
(September 15, 2017 at 11:00 am)Aegon Wrote: I think the first two seasons were very good, but this one has been a little lower in quality. To be honest, BoJack Horseman is leagues better.

I don't hate Bojack Horseman but it just never grabbed me. Season 2 was worse, the whole thing with his roommate in jail was just like...what's the point? I didn't even bother proceeding to season 3. There's no way it's better, just different. Per capita Rick and Morty gets more laughs, has cleverer concepts, is more cerebral and of course much more potential since it hasn't got the kind of limits Bojack Horseman's reality does.

---

I love Rick and Morty. Best show on tv ever so far.
All this talk of Bojack Horseman, I had to give it a go.
Didn't laugh, not once, quite disappointed.