Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 7:50 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A youtuber I came accross
A youtuber I came accross
I was looking for some gaming content and I came across this channel. He appears to be a newer channel, but I think he shows some potential.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7xK8VOAH4o

He has that rawness to him which is refreshing to see, since to many channels are to polished.
     “A man isn't tiny or giant enough to defeat anything” Yukio Mishima

RE: A youtuber I came accross
"Came across? how? The guy has one viewer.

I'm gonna say this is prolly you! I like the talk on this video though. Was good stuff.
I was looking for This War of Mine content, and few videos later, this popped up.

He starts off by saying he is socially isolated of no fault of his own but he is not prepared to discuss why.

That's fair enough... but to start the whole video off by saying that is fucking creepy to me. Maybe he's in prison Tongue
Everyone has their reasons to not want to discuss past or current traumas, what I also like is the fact he is just covering technology and gaming and keeping his personal life out of it. Has he said, youtubers who get personal with their channels are annoying. I can agree with that and his right to not be probed on the reasons.
Plus, how could a person in prison get access to computers to create a Youtube channel?

It's weird that he starts off with "I'm socially isolated, but won't be talking about it. I hate when streamers talk about their personal issues." Okay, so why bring it up at all?

Beyond that, I couldn't make it past the first minute or so. I generally dislike YouTube and much prefer live streamers, and this is no exception.
I watched some of his other videos, and he does not bring up anything about his personal life at all. There is only one mention of his personal life in one video and that's it.He may of been intending to declare his reasons for becoming a youtuber cause of the social isolation he has been feeling. Which is good to mention that he will be not be discussing his personal life at any capacity. Which is good information to known if your going to watch more of the content. At leaste he apperes to a person of his word so far.

(September 21, 2017 at 2:39 pm)Sterben Wrote: Everyone has their reasons to not want to discuss past or current traumas, what I also like is the fact he is just covering technology and gaming and keeping his personal life out of it. Has he said, youtubers who get personal with their channels are annoying. I can agree with that and his right to not be probed on the reasons.
Plus, how could a person in prison get access to computers to create a Youtube channel?

The thing is, though. . . by proclaiming he doesn't want to get personal, he's making it personal.  All he had to do is show a game and talk about it.
(September 21, 2017 at 3:40 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: It's weird that he starts off with "I'm socially isolated, but won't be talking about it.  I hate when streamers talk about their personal issues."  Okay, so why bring it up at all?

Beyond that, I couldn't make it past the first minute or so.  I generally dislike YouTube and much prefer live streamers, and this is no exception.

^^^

Sterbern, yes what he said is fine out of context. There's nothing wrong with what he said in and of itself. But in the context of a YouTube video about gaming... to start it off like that was fucking weird and creepy.

(September 21, 2017 at 2:39 pm)Sterben Wrote: Plus, how could a person in prison get access to computers to create a Youtube channel?

Some prisoners have internet access.
I have to say, I kind of like his voice and the way he talks about things.