Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 1:21 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NK is threatening with nuking US
NK is threatening with nuking US
I mean how come US? Why not Mexico or Canada or Europe or Russia? I mean what do those politicians do that NK doesn't want to nuke them but wants to nuke US?
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
RE: NK is threatening with nuking US
I think they feel the same way about the WLB as I do.
I don't know. What I do know though is that he is playing one hell of a dangerous game. He has called Trump things like, "a mentally deranged person full of megalomania and complacency." I agree with him! He left out, "childlessly egotistical" though.

Unlike Kim, Trump isn't blowing smoke. As President, he has constitutionally unlimited power over the nukes. Others can try to talk him out of it but if he says, "Launch!" those missiles are going to fly. And there are enough of them to burn the whole of NK to the bedrock.

Any responsible President would consider the consequences of such an action without dire provocation. What would it do to our standing in the world community?

Does anybody think Trump is going to reason it out? Make an informed, rational decision?

Trump is a simple, school-yard bully who is being taunted by another, much-weaker bully. If Kim has any sense at all, he really should STFU. Unfortunately, he's just as immature, egotistical and megalomaniacal. He's calculating how far he can push Trump - just as Saddam Husein did with W. Saddam miscalculated and it cost him his life. If Kim miscalculates, it will cost a LOT of lives.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
I mean, weren't we the country behind the Korean War? Granted, it's what enabled the Dear Leader to assume command of the split nation, but I can understand them still feeling butt-hurt.

Aren't there non-nuclear options? There's no way in fucking hell there's not going to be casualties removing Kim from power but at this point there's an actual threat, not the imaginary threat that got us back into Iraq, so there's got to be something done. If the people of NK are as brainwashed as they'd have to be to accept the conditions they're living in, they'll defend the Dear Leader with their lives, so until the entire power structure is devastated before their eyes, they'll probably take it upon themselves to act as human shields. So unless the dictator is dealt with and there's no further way of a singular autocrat rising to leadership, there's little point to a stop-gap measure of taking out the top guy if that just leaves a power vacuum ripe for the next asshole who could be even worse.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
We are still pissed about Japan's sneak attack on Pearl Harbor. You can bet that all of the Koreans will be pissed at the US if we did a sneak attack on North Korea.
(September 24, 2017 at 1:55 am)AFTT47 Wrote: I don't know. What I do know though is that he is playing one hell of a dangerous game. He has called Trump things like, "a mentally deranged person full of megalomania and complacency." I agree with him! He left out, "childlessly egotistical" though.

Unlike Kim, Trump isn't blowing smoke. As President, he has constitutionally unlimited power over the nukes. Others can try to talk him out of it but if he says, "Launch!" those missiles are going to fly. And there are enough of them to burn the whole of NK to the bedrock.

Any responsible President would consider the consequences of such an action without dire provocation. What would it do to our standing in the world community?

Does anybody think Trump is going to reason it out? Make an informed, rational decision?

Trump is a simple, school-yard bully who is being taunted by another, much-weaker bully. If Kim has any sense at all, he really should STFU.  Unfortunately, he's just as immature, egotistical and megalomaniacal. He's calculating how far he can push Trump - just as Saddam Husein did with W. Saddam miscalculated and it cost him his life. If Kim miscalculates, it will cost a LOT of lives.

So, there would still be nuclear fallout that would drift into SK and into China, there would be a refugee problem China does not want. And NK just above the DMZ has 10s of thousands of rockets they'd launch into SK.
Because he needs to threaten the one country that is known to clumsily kill off dictatorships around the world.
The fool hath said in his heart, There is a God. They are corrupt, they have done abominable works, there is none that doeth good.
Psalm 14, KJV revised edition

(September 24, 2017 at 8:17 am)Alex K Wrote: Because he needs to threaten the one country that is known to clumsily kill off dictatorships around the world.

And replace them with other dictatorships.
Religions were invented to impress and dupe illiterate, superstitious stone-age peasants. So in this modern, enlightened age of information, what's your excuse? Or are you saying with all your advantages, you were still tricked as easily as those early humans?

---

There is no better way to convey the least amount of information in the greatest amount of words than to try explaining your religious views.
125-250 kiloton blast anywhere near an inhabited area like South Korea, Guam, Japan, Taiwan, Hawaii after an explicit warning that such a thing is going to occur is going to initiate a shit hemorrhage on North Korea.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(September 24, 2017 at 1:56 am)Astonished Wrote: I mean, weren't we the country behind the Korean War?

No, the DPRK invaded South Korea.