Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 2:14 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
SURVIVOR 35: HHH
SURVIVOR 35: HHH
New season, new thread!

The title is a mouthful so I'm not typing it out.

I'm also busy at the moment and need to rewatch the episode before I fully download my thoughts but does anyone else want to share comments?

The two I guess I have the share now are:

-Allen seemed cool to start with but seems super cray after going off on those two in his alliance.  He was on the right track, I thought, being suspicious of them, but why in the world did he make such a huge issue of it so obviously and so soon???  Stupid.

-I think it was the right move for the gal to not play the super idol.  On the one hand, it's an incredible stretch for the first vote that someone would stick their neck out to save someone else when most people are playing the "anyone but me" card at the first tribal; on the other hand, it would have been the girl of the foursome that went home, right?  But would that have gotten them anything?  Allen proved he's not exactly trustworthy to them, talking them up and them not voting with them, the dude with the girl might have gone with them just to spite Allen and who knows what Cowboy might have done.  Not a great advantage, IMO.  Not for the very first tribal.  Pull that sucker out day 9 or 12 and you could really mess stuff up for another tribe.

Like I said, though, must rewatch.

OH!!  Also, haven't listened yet, but.... Know it Alls Recap Podcast:
http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-know-...ere-recap/

And Stephen's Blog
http://people.com/tv/stephen-fishbach-survivor-week-1/
Best quote:
Quote:Then there’s urologist Mike, who once again proves the time-honored maxim that if you are pale and wear glasses, Survivor’s giving you a goofy soundtrack. I worry that if the show’s composers ever stepped foot in Brooklyn, their xylophones would actually explode.
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
RE: SURVIVOR 35: HHH
Well, I sat down to watch it then got distracted with the dating apps I just downloaded, damn it. lol
But I saw Katrina get voted out at the end. Sort of predictable - one of the older women gets the boot right away.
Next week, I will turn off my phone and really watch it! Smile

-Teresa
I was drowsy during the last half of the episode and fell asleep during Tribal Council last night so I missed a bunch of the strategy part of last night's episode.  From what I gather, though, the red-head dude was annoying everyone, and Simone (?) wasn't connecting.  Um... okay.  Definitely need to rewatch.

I like what Mom is doing on the hero's tribe.  Using her skillz to build a coalition and getting people on her side.  Excellent that she's figured out that even though the idol she was given is now useless in one sense, it's still ultimately useful to her.  A+  I really hope Skinny Nerd who gave her the idol has a chance to meet her and tell her he gave it to her, which could be interesting if they end up on opposite side with feuding allies.  He would know that her idol is useless then even though it looks totally legit - not like the one given to Eliza Tongue

[Image: tumblr_nhrjgwdRhp1u4mldxo1_400.gif]

The challenge was fun to watch.  I liked that they could twirl the pole and visually show the cameras that they got it right.  Like the puzzle where they have to get one color of a cube on each side of a column that they twirl (you know which challenge I'm talking about... they did it in BloodvWater 1 at the head-to-heave I think)  ((OMG I'm a nerd))

Anyway, That's about all I can remember from the episode last night.

Rob Has a Podcast
http://robhasawebsite.com/survivor-know-...e-2-recap/

It doesn't look like Stephen's blog has been posted yet.  Geez, getting engaged has really turned him into a slacker... #NotStalkingISwear
Teenaged X-Files obsession + Bermuda Triangle episode + Self-led school research project = Atheist.
Does the damn show ever take a break? There's been 35 seasons in only 17 years.
It's worse than The Amazing Race, with 30 seasons in 16 years.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
I missed the show last night because I was sleeping instead.

I'm going to watch it tomorrow during chemo and give my thoughts then!

(not a very active thread this season, though, so I might just be having a conversation with myself... meh, what else is new?)
Oh, I guess I watched last week's episode during Chemo like I said but now I can't remember what happened and I haven't listened to the podcasts...

And I might miss tonight's episode because I've been trying to go to bed at 8 so I can be asleep by 9.

We'll see if that happens.

But it doesn't really matter because I'm mostly talking to myself here... Tongue

(y'all suck.)

EDIT:
OH I DO REMEMBER!!

The redhead guy got voted off! Good. I didn't like him, thought he was annoying.

Also, the other thing I remember is that I liked that older gal on that tribe, who didn't like him because he was a redhead, and thought she looked like my best friend. Tongue
Do redheads turn you off? Big Grin
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 18, 2017 at 10:35 am)c172 Wrote: Do redheads turn you off? Big Grin

Tongue

Honestly, certain shades of redhead on women aren't to be sneered at but it's not my favorite look for a guy.
Damn, I have to miss the show tonight. Going to a potluck and slide show from a garden tour to France I couldn't go to. (I actually don't much like French gardens but the people are fun and the night is likely to be a hoot.)

I remember being surprised and relieved that Patrick (the redhead) got voted off last week. The guy is a jerk. Funny how he was so burned by it, as if he hadn't richly deserved it ten times over.

I missed this thread when it got started. You can expect me tuning in get your expertise now. Well, not until I get a chance to watch tonights show.
(REVISION: everybody but Whatevs sucks)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Which is the best survivor season? ErGingerbreadMandude 4 1068 October 22, 2017 at 9:34 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  SURVIVOR: Game Changers Clueless Morgan 83 10879 May 30, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: pocaracas
  Hey Ho's, anyone else watching Survivor this season: GenX'ers vs Millennials Whateverist 3 1304 December 2, 2016 at 12:15 am
Last Post: Aegon
  SURVIVOR: Millennials vs. Gen X c172 5 730 September 26, 2016 at 8:54 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  SURVIVOR Clueless Morgan 537 66062 September 8, 2016 at 6:45 pm
Last Post: c172