Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 6:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
All over the internet, Tom Petty dead at 66
All over the internet, Tom Petty dead at 66
http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/t...66-w506651
RE: All over the internet, Tom Petty dead at 66
Just one after another these past couple of years . . . fuck.

I always liked his work and his no-bullshit attitude. His last record, Hypnotic Eye, was really good.

R.I.P. and thanks for the songs.
I really didn't start paying attention to Tom until MTV. His vids are etched into my brain. I was hooked.

http://www.tompetty.com/video/category/Music-Videos
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
First concert I ever saw was Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers in 1981, half a lifetime ago.

RIP
Still not confirmed if he has died, but he is gravely ill and his family have filled out a DNR.

Thank you, Tom, for some great music.
Dying to live, living to die.
Talented, actually did some music I liked (and associate with happier times) and as he got older, he got easier and easier on the eyes,   woot !!

Salute Tom, you'll be missed, and thanks for all you did for us.

[Image: TOM-PETTY-2014-1a2a5105-683x1024.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Okay, it seems he's been taken off life support. Let's just hope he manages to come out of it somehow. Granted, I can't be sure how likely it is someone who's in critical condition, has been taken off life support, and was found unconscious, not breathing, and under a full cardiac arrest can spring back, but let's hope he does.

Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Devastating news. He was a great songwriter. A couple of my bands did a couple of his songs, and they were crowd-pleasers.

His straight-shooting outlook did much to endear him to me as well. When MCA wanted to price The Waiting at $8.98 (a dollar higher than the norm back then) he threatened to retitle the album The $7.98 Album. They backed down.

You'll be missed, Tom. Thanks for everything.

Remember, reports are still inconclusive about whether or not he's actually passed on. Save your eulogies for when it's actually been confirmed.

However, it seems he was discovered unconscious and hardly breathing, is apparently currently brain dead, and went off life support. It does not look good, though.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
My boyfriend was all like, "Tom Petty died today."

I was like, "Who?"
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Over 2300 dead in Turkey Fake Messiah 44 3521 June 6, 2023 at 5:39 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: China's communist party wants to change the internet protocols WinterHold 32 2149 April 2, 2020 at 8:33 am
Last Post: Mr Greene
  Has the EU just killed the internet as we know it? Fidel_Castronaut 11 1234 March 27, 2019 at 3:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Internet bonkers over Trump at funeral. Brian37 9 1939 December 6, 2018 at 8:28 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Looks like Tom Cruise is off the hook for now... Rev. Rye 0 392 November 15, 2017 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  We may not be going into WW3 with Russia over Syria after all. Chad32 39 11707 July 16, 2017 at 12:13 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Tom Perez is the new DNC chair. Chad32 42 5425 March 4, 2017 at 11:09 pm
Last Post: Aroura
  Ecuador curbs Assange's internet to halt US election 'interference' account_inactive 11 1696 October 20, 2016 at 2:00 pm
Last Post: account_inactive
  Are we really this petty, it's only hair! brewer 42 5781 April 10, 2016 at 7:43 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Donald Trump wants to "Close Up" the internet "in some ways" Heat 57 8648 December 16, 2015 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: vorlon13