Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:08 am

Poll: The Democrats will take control...
This poll is closed.
...of the Senate & House
20.00%
2 20.00%
...the House only.
30.00%
3 30.00%
...the Senate?! (Unlikely)
10.00%
1 10.00%
Neither.
40.00%
4 40.00%
Total 10 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The 2018 mid-term US elections.
The 2018 mid-term US elections.
What will happen?  I voted for #1.
RE: The 2018 mid-term US elections.
I voted 3). I think it's more likely than them taking the House.

I like how you capitalized that. Hugh Laurie rocks.

Boru
Hard to tell at this point. Congressional approval rating is even lower than the President's by double digits. Voters aren't too happy with either party and now there's a call from some House Dems for Pelosi to step down as speaker.
"Inside every Liberal there's a Totalitarian screaming to get out"

[Image: freddy_03.jpg]

Quote: JohnDG...
Quote:It was an awful mistake to characterize based upon religion. I should not judge any theist that way, I must remember what I said in order to change.
I don’t see them taking over either chamber. I hope I’m wrong.
any sign of a push starting at the grass roots level and on up of attracting good candidates, a commitment to conduct issue oriented, taut and efficient campaigns, and a realization that trotting out Dem spokespeople at the national level who enjoy polling positives under 20% (being VERY generous here, the number should be in the 60s) is STUPID ??

[Image: 1f3r97.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 7, 2017 at 9:03 am)vorlon13 Wrote: any sign of a push starting at the grass roots level and on up of attracting good candidates, a commitment to conduct issue oriented, taut and efficient campaigns, and a realization that trotting out Dem spokespeople at the national level who enjoy polling positives under 20% (being VERY generous here, the number should be in the 60s) is STUPID ??

I think that the Democrats should run on a platform of defending the status quo, namely, health care.  After all, how much reform is there left to do in the US?  At some point progressive causes have to come to end, and when that happens, the Democrats will become the conservatives.
Remember this is one selfish, bloody minded, ignorant, irrelevancy obsessed, single issue obsessed, posturing obsessed, bluster obsessed, manhood challenged electorate, disdainful of historic perspective, disdainful of the notion that truth has deeper existence than what one can convince other of, disdainful of the very concept of public service, disdainful of the pursuit of common good beyond segments with whom one’s current state of digestion causes one to identify with.   It is a electorate eager to emiserate others to protect privileges one did not earn.   It is a electorate who rejects the notion that public institutions of knowledge or governance of the human society, or indeed any human institution besides peddlers of moronic superstition and those with guns, works.

Has the Democrats even begun to take account of these?
(October 7, 2017 at 9:40 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: Remember this is one selfish, bloody minded, ignorant, irrelevancy obsessed, single issue obsessed, posturing obsessed, bluster obsessed, manhood challenged electorate, disdainful of historic perspective, disdainful of the notion that truth has deeper existence than what one can convince other of, disdainful of the very concept of public service, disdainful of the pursuit of common good beyond segments with whom one’s current state of digestion causes one to identify with.   It is a electorate eager to emiserate others to protect privileges one did not earn.   It is a electorate who rejects the notion that public institutions of human society, or indeed any institution besides peddlers of moronic superstition, works.

Has the Democrats even begun to take account of these?

Are you reading my mind?  Get out of my head!

“Understanding is a three edged sword: your side, their side, and the truth.”
and I know Nancy is GALLED by the existence of red state Democrats in congress.  She cannot rest easily in her coffin knowing any are left.
Soon enough in 2018, she can eliminate them entirely. PRAISE NANCY !!

[Image: 17gknp.jpg]
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Congressional Term Limits Aristocatt 30 2820 January 2, 2021 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Aristocatt
  State level elections in BAvaria yield ground breaking results Deesse23 0 252 October 15, 2018 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Deesse23
  Atlas Journals: Saudi Arabia and the change 2018 WinterHold 6 996 July 21, 2018 at 5:35 am
Last Post: WinterHold
  Lets get rid of primary elections when electing our president GODZILLA 79 8676 July 2, 2018 at 7:46 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  So happens if Trump is impeached after the mid terms this fall GODZILLA 16 2504 May 7, 2018 at 4:03 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  2018 Ontario Election (FUBAR) Amarok 11 1232 March 11, 2018 at 11:05 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  Oh, crap, how will this help a Democrat win in 2018? Foxaèr 5 814 July 17, 2017 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Quick fix marketing, and long term politics. Brian37 6 1586 April 19, 2017 at 11:44 am
Last Post: brewer
  Will Trump by impeached by 2018? Jehanne 49 9961 April 11, 2017 at 8:43 am
Last Post: Isis
  One Month into his term, Trump goes....back on the campaign trail? Aroura 25 5804 February 23, 2017 at 5:51 pm
Last Post: Violet