Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 5:51 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Athiest with children?
Athiest with children?
I preferably want Atheist parents to answer this following questions.

People who are spiritual use Faith, Dreams, Hope & Morality to anchor themselves when conceiving a child, this systems or fundamentals stem from spirituality shouldn't be used if you are a TRUE atheist.

so what are the basis of Atheist having a child? 

considering how much Atheist reiterate how they abhor this planet and the many aspects of it how could you leave a child here to live in a planet you despise, dislike & disgusted at?. Wouldn't it be an irony to do so? and wouldn't you be part of the "bad" you complain so much about because that would make you a "bad" parent to leave a child in a planet like this full of pedo's, perverts, tragedy, mishaps & etc? to later on feel the pain of death & the eventuality of your athiest faith to non-existence?

?

please dont deflect this on Religion because I am mainly talking about YOU and the perspective you have..
& it would be great if you could change my misconceptions because at this moment Athiest with a child
looks like this to me.
[Image: tumblr_myaes2oFaK1r3dvg3o1_1280.jpg]

Angel
Amen
regards from Jesus
RE: Athiest with children?
(October 8, 2017 at 3:31 pm)Jesus Cristo Wrote: I preferably want Atheist parents to answer this following questions.
I've got 5 kids.  Do I count, lol?

Quote:People who are spiritual use Faith, Dreams, Hope & Morality to anchor themselves when conceiving a child, this systems or fundamentals stem from spirituality shouldn't be used if you are a TRUE atheist.

The same.  Notice, above, that "god" doesn't make an appearance?  

Quote:considering Atheist abhor this planet and the many aspects of it how could you leave a child here to live in a planet you despise, dislike & disgusted at.
Why on earth would you think that atheists hate the planet?  

Quote:Wouldn't it be an irony to do so? and wouldn't you be part of the "bad" you complain so much about because that would make you a "bad" parent to leave a child in a planet like this full of pedo's, perverts, tragedy, mishaps & etc? to later on feel the pain of death & the eventuality of your athiest faith to non-existence?
Meh, I didn't make this rock.  To hear it told the planet full of pedos, pervs, tragedy and mishaps is gods doing.   Playing with the notion for fun, I raise a child in spite of god being a massive fuckup.  So god makes a shitty planet, and I de-shittify it for me and mine insomuch as a can.  

Kids have to deal with their parents death regardless of who's fan club they're in.  The escape from death touted by the world's religions is metaphoric, not literal, by any sane account.  Most of of would rather have loved and watched people died..than been the one dying...and it would be difficult to find any place or time in all of human experience that such a notion wasn;t prevalent. Better to have loved and lost. Better to feel pain than nothing at all. We tend to value our experience (and our lives) on their own terms, as having intangible but undeniable worth, regardless of the status of our our belief regarding gods.

Quote:please dont deflect this on Religion because I am mainly talking about YOU and the perspective you have..
& it would be great if you could change my misconceptions because at this moment Athiest with a child
looks like this to me.
Do you think that's for any specific reason, or just because that's how you view atheists in general?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 8, 2017 at 3:31 pm)Jesus Cristo Wrote: I preferably want Atheist parents to answer this following questions.

People who are spiritual use Faith, Dreams, Hope & Morality to anchor themselves when conceiving a child, this systems or fundamentals stem from spirituality shouldn't be used if you are a TRUE atheist.

I had sex.  That's it.  That's all.  All I needed was biology.  Didn't need faith, dreams or hope, and I was already moral.  You don't get to superimpose your dead-rabbi-on-a-stick human sacrifice cult on *my* morality.

My daughter is now an adult, also not religious, also moral.

As for "TRUE atheist," all people who do not believe in gods are true atheists.  Atheism is lack of belief in gods and nothing more.  Please try to understand this, no matter how much it upsets any preconceptions you may have in regard to non-believers such as myself.

(Oh, and I love this planet and want it to survive.  If you are looking forward to the End Times and think that this place is expendable, you are my sworn enemy.)
Dafuq ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 8, 2017 at 3:50 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Dafuq ?

LOL< IKR?  Common troll..but it was an opportunity for discussion.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I smell a troll.
Check the sock drawer -- I suspect we'll find a match.
Because we love fucking and kids sometimes result when that happens.

How about posting an introduction thread so we can really get to know you better.

Whee this is fun!

Gotta love that picture of the devil and the baby. Classic. Made me lolz.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
First up, why are you lying about atheists?

Not ONE atheist I know despises this world. Some of the people and groups on it, certainly.

It is theists I have encountered who don't give a damn about this planet, being more obsessed about getting into a mythical place, often to the point where they don't want to bother getting an education and scream about going "home" (this, to me, reads as a death cult).
Dying to live, living to die.
(October 8, 2017 at 3:59 pm)Joods Wrote: Because we love fucking and kids sometimes result when that happens.

How about posting an introduction thread so we can really get to know you better.

Whee this is fun!

Gotta love that picture of the devil and the baby. Classic. Made me lolz.

Judging by the quality of this and the other thread, the OP will likely not be around for an introduction thread for very long.

Either being removed for violating numerous rules, or being a shit and run poster.
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Suck it, Your an Athiest. Goosebump 5 924 February 19, 2022 at 12:23 pm
Last Post: Rahn127
  Athiest parent sending child to Catholic school EchoEllis 36 5243 December 2, 2021 at 10:24 am
Last Post: brewer
  Ken Ham hurts children, watch Manowar 4 1168 October 23, 2017 at 5:52 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  So your an Athiest marko 307 53310 December 7, 2015 at 5:36 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  atheism and children Catholic_Lady 568 82671 September 6, 2015 at 12:02 pm
Last Post: Cecelia
  Talking to children about death rossrocks88 10 3807 July 22, 2015 at 10:46 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus
  I have a problem with Blasthemy as an athiest coolfunkDJ 30 6097 March 14, 2015 at 3:15 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Will you raise your children as Atheists? Kloud 54 10571 December 20, 2014 at 4:40 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Do you own any athiest/anti-religious shirts? Mudhammam 15 3802 August 5, 2014 at 12:51 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Explaining death to children. Intimae_Hasta 25 5963 July 10, 2014 at 7:21 pm
Last Post: Ksa