Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 24, 2024, 8:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major brush fire in and around Napa. Evacuations started.
Major brush fire in and around Napa. Evacuations started.
Aparently this started overnight, and businesses in Napa are being damaged, including an ammunitions business. North Bay traffic is gridlock in some places. 

http://abc7news.com/live/

http://abc7news.com/fires-force-evacuati...e/2510205/

I know there are a few bay area folks here. Hope you are doing well. Sacramento, not sure if you're affacted.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
RE: Major brush fire in and around Napa. Evacuations started.
I was just up in that area one week ago. Shame to think of that beautiful area burning. But all is well here in the bay area for now. Hope the hills around San Diego don't have issues this year.
Isn't that where the wine comes from! DEAR GOD HAS NO ONE THOUGHT OF THE WINE!

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Yeah, San Diego County has its moments, but nothing akin to what we have right now, which seems to be (in seperate fires) involving locations from Berkeley all the way to Willits, up in Mendocino County, according to a map they had on ABC 7.
"For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan
(October 9, 2017 at 11:21 am)downbeatplumb Wrote: Isn't that where the wine comes from! DEAR GOD HAS NO ONE THOUGHT OF THE WINE!

That reminds me to buy stock in the Missouri vineyards.  Rolleyes
(October 9, 2017 at 11:07 am)Whateverist Wrote: I was just up in that area one week ago.  Shame to think of that beautiful area burning.  But all is well here in the bay area for now.  Hope the hills around San Diego don't have issues this year.
Most of the fires were probably started by terrorists.
teetotalers already ruled out ?
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(October 9, 2017 at 11:47 am)c172 Wrote: Yeah, San Diego County has its moments, but nothing akin to what we have right now, which seems to be (in seperate fires) involving locations from Berkeley all the way to Willits, up in Mendocino County, according to a map they had on ABC 7.

Not aware of anything happening in Berkeley but the wind was strong yesterday.  Will check.
(October 10, 2017 at 1:19 am)vorlon13 Wrote: teetotalers already ruled out ?

We no longer live in a Carrie Nation.  Dodgy
I think I misunderstood Berkeley. I think historically there might have been a fire there, possibly with 25 fatalities (death count in these fires is somewhere around 11, mostly in Santa Rosa).

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fire in Brijest - a predictable result of recycling stupidity? FlatAssembler 66 4087 October 28, 2023 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Flint Pastor Calls for Cease Fire onlinebiker 1 261 August 13, 2021 at 6:54 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Fire at Pier 45 in San Francisco onlinebiker 10 1031 May 24, 2020 at 7:56 pm
Last Post: Fireball
  Australia on fire Fake Messiah 21 2187 January 12, 2020 at 8:01 am
Last Post: LastPoet
  Jump in the fire...... Brian37 19 914 September 19, 2019 at 5:09 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Part of Notre Dame on fire. Brian37 98 5261 April 19, 2019 at 4:08 pm
Last Post: Shell B
  More Logs On The Fire Minimalist 2 369 September 4, 2018 at 1:53 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Baltimore poised to become first major city to ban privatization of water Aegon 9 686 August 8, 2018 at 9:51 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Which fucking moron chooses to wage war on all other major powers at once? Anomalocaris 16 1609 June 1, 2018 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Time to fire up the log chipper (not for the sensitive or squeamish) vorlon13 22 3652 May 3, 2018 at 7:03 am
Last Post: Little lunch