Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 9:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Buddhism!
Buddhism!
Another thread!

What do godless think of Buddhism? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism.

It seems such a peaceful religion that definitly doesn't advocate violence. It barely advocates God even.

It's idea of "sin" is being stressed out and out of whack generally.

It's idea of "virtue" or "saintliness" appears to be sitting peacefully sipping a mug of green tea.
RE: Buddhism!
I've always viewed Buddhism as more a philosophy than a religion.

Buddhism tends to put more critical thought into what it represents than Christianity does.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
As full of shit as catholicism.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
So, do you plan on actively participating in any of your threads? Or, are you just going to spam us with POE garbage until you get the ban hammer in a couple days, and the forum instantly forgets you ever existed?

This one feels very 'True Christian' to me. Something about the way the text looks, and exclamation points in every OP.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
I'd say Buddhism is better than Christianity in that it seems to have less ridiculous beliefs and less violent followers.
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
Y'all ever heard of Myanmar or...?

Zen Buddhism does have some great features that I implement in my life. But Buddhism can absolutely be a violent religion.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
(October 11, 2017 at 8:51 pm)SisterAgatha Wrote: Another thread!

What do godless think of Buddhism? https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buddhism.

It seems such a peaceful religion that definitly doesn't advocate violence. It barely advocates God even.

It's idea of "sin" is being stressed out and out of whack generally.

It's idea of "virtue" or "saintliness" appears to be sitting peacefully sipping a mug of green tea.

Not really a joiner.  Aren't all of the sheep clubs pretty much the same?
(October 11, 2017 at 8:51 pm)SisterAgatha Wrote: It's idea of "sin" is being stressed out and out of whack generally.

The Buddhist idea of sin is more that it's invented nonsense.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 11, 2017 at 9:16 pm)Aegon Wrote: Y'all ever heard of Myanmar or...?

Zen Buddhism does have some great features that I implement in my life. But Buddhism can absolutely be a violent religion.

I'll admit my knowledge of Buddhism is mostly limited to stereotypes lol
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
But sister, isn't your religion the one true religion?
Why are you asking us to look at false gods for?
Maybe sister is working for the other man!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Weird facts about Buddhism no one talks about! curiosne 12 3667 November 27, 2017 at 2:48 am
Last Post: chorlton
  Another reason Buddhism doesn't get a pass. Brian37 141 19498 May 20, 2016 at 8:27 am
Last Post: EuphoricAtheist
  Thoughts on Buddhism Laurens 440 182631 May 9, 2012 at 5:03 am
Last Post: ace1ventura
Question Is Atheism a religion as say...Theravada Buddhism? KichigaiNeko 18 13257 February 19, 2010 at 3:24 am
Last Post: KichigaiNeko