Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:43 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not standing for the pledge/capital offense, but....
Not standing for the pledge/capital offense, but....
Let's see, black player's PEACEFULLY kneeling in protest, that is a crime punishable by life in prison, but hey but white boys will be white boys, and who gives a fuck if you punch an old man because he asked you to sit down so he could see the game. 

Wonder if this asshole was drunk off his ass? Oh but moron forgot that it is the age of the cell phone, took less than a week for the video to go viral, fuckface turned himself in. 

RE: Not standing for the pledge/capital offense, but....
Sorry, who is claiming that not standing for the pledge merits the death penalty, or that kneeling during the anthem should result in a life sentence? I understand your anger, but I think you're overstating things just a smidge.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(October 14, 2017 at 8:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, who is claiming that not standing for the pledge merits the death penalty, or that kneeling during the anthem should result in a life sentence?  I understand your anger, but I think you're overstating things just a smidge.

Boru

Hyperbole is HUGELY underrated.
(October 14, 2017 at 8:23 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Sorry, who is claiming that not standing for the pledge merits the death penalty, or that kneeling during the anthem should result in a life sentence?  I understand your anger, but I think you're overstating things just a smidge.

Boru

Please, I am attacking the right's bullshit trying to treat a lagit protest as something to be condemned.

No I not overstating it, using blunt criticism and sarcasm yes. 

It is fucked up when you have a politician using his office to intimidate dissenters by vilifying them by calling them "sons of bitches". Now would you like me to go through the laundry list of others he's scapegoated and vilified?

Yet his supporters would look at a CLEAR CRIME and say, "that's different", not understanding that if it were  a black person, even outside the stadium that punched a white guy, that black guy would get charged more harshly. This asshole got a misdemeanor. 

The PLAYERS were not committing a crime but protesting the inequality of treatment of law enforcement on black communities and OUR justice system.

The problem isn't that I am overstating it, the problem is our nation still has far too many that are ignoring our economic and justice inequality.

Fuck the damned pledge. Don't sit there and say, "Yea what this fan did was wrong" WHICH IT WAS, then excuse the vilification of our fellow citizens protesting and NOT assaulting others.

It completely is tone deaf. Black NFL players are not excusing black violence either. They are not protesting because they hate America. They are protesting, not the pledge, but the fact that inequality exists.
LEGIT

I am also pissed at these fictional people Brian is REFERRING to.
(October 14, 2017 at 6:16 am)Brian37 Wrote: Let's see, black player's PEACEFULLY kneeling in protest, that is a crime punishable by life in prison, but hey but white boys will be white boys, and who gives a fuck if you punch an old man because he asked you to sit down so he could see the game. 

Wonder if this asshole was drunk off his ass? Oh but moron forgot that it is the age of the cell phone, took less than a week for the video to go viral, fuckface turned himself in. 

If somebody pulled shit like that at a GAA match, he wouldn't even be a stain on the grass. Should be sucking out a straw the rest of his life.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
(October 14, 2017 at 1:28 pm)wallym Wrote: I am also pissed at these fictional people Brian is REFERRING to.

45 is not fictional, 45 is vilifying REAL human beings protesting REAL problems.

I don't know what fucking planet you live on. 

The point of posting the fan, his violence wasn't a peaceful kneeling, his violence was bullshit, his violence is petty compared to the PEACEFUL protest of the players whom President Moron is treating like they should be executed.

If this fan's violence does not outrage you but kneeling during a voluntary ritual which is not mandated by law, if that does outrage you, contrats, YOU are a tone deaf idiot.

(October 14, 2017 at 2:13 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(October 14, 2017 at 6:16 am)Brian37 Wrote: Let's see, black player's PEACEFULLY kneeling in protest, that is a crime punishable by life in prison, but hey but white boys will be white boys, and who gives a fuck if you punch an old man because he asked you to sit down so he could see the game. 

If somebody pulled shit like that at a GAA match, he wouldn't even be a stain on the grass. Should be sucking out a straw the rest of his life.

Not why I posted this. Fan violence is PETTY bullshit, but if you get violent like this guy did, you deserve to get arrested. 

The reason the NFL players ARE RIGHTFULLY protesting, is that they come from backgrounds where they cannot trust police, and they DO want to. And even outside violence, say for example a white guy and a black guy get arrested for pot, guess who is going to get a heaver fine and or more jail time on average?

If this had been a black guy hitting a white fan, 10 to 1 that black guy is going to get charged with more and receive heavier fines and more jail time. 

Point is, like I said in my prior post, if this guy does not outrage someone, but a player PEACEFULLY kneeling does outrage someone, I'd say that person's priorities are fucked up.

Pretty fucking sad to me when German soccer players get it, but not enough of Americans get it.

You know why these German soccer players knelt in solidarity with the NFL player's protesting? Because they know what it is like and have not forgotten what political scapegoating lead to. 

https://sports.yahoo.com/german-soccer-t...41076.html
Do you have any doubt that you are making a strong coherent point?
(October 14, 2017 at 3:12 pm)wallym Wrote: Do you have any doubt that you are making a strong coherent point?

NO,

If what this fan did does not outrage you, but a player kneeling in protest peacefully does, sorry, no polite way to put it, YOU are part of the problem.

Not my baggage one bit if you cant understand the message.