Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 3:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
33 pounds of fentanyl !!!
33 pounds of fentanyl !!!
Seized at the Omaha Amtrak station recently. 33 pounds is enough to kill (if distributed properly) everyone in the states of Iowa and Nebraska.

read more here:

http://www.omaha.com/news/crime/fentanyl...79318.html

Authorities are rightly concerned, if the suitcase was damaged or stolen and the fentanyl exposed to bystanders, either via breathing as dust or absorption thru the skin, the death toll could have been staggering. The lethal dose is literally equivalent in size to a few grains of salt.

Additionally, given the epidemic of overdosing currently ongoing, 33 pounds of the stuff, even if only distributed to addicts would have literally led to a certain percentage of fatalities. Hard to say of course, but hundreds would not be enough most likely, and even thousands isn't too speculative as 33 pounds would be MILLIONS of doses, even more if cut with heroin, or other narcotics.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

RE: 33 pounds of fentanyl !!!
IIRC, the dosage of fentanyl is measured in micrograms. Hundreds of millions of doses, perhaps?

Wow.
It was literally a suitcase full.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

I was banged up with fentanyl in the ER recovery room and was unconscious for eight hours. They kept me overnight, just to be sure I was okay.

Boss Lady works in a pharmacy. She was impressed.
(October 15, 2017 at 5:12 pm)Cthulhu Dreaming Wrote: IIRC, the dosage of fentanyl is measured in micrograms.  Hundreds of millions of doses, perhaps?

Wow.

This is why there is such an epidemic. my coworker lost his son a couple of months ago. It is good to hear someone has had their supply removed from the market. My nephew works in an ER in CT and says there are deaths from this every. Single. Day. Every day. He loses one or two or four patients every day. I can't get my head around that. 

That is mindblowing.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
Jaysus.

Hundreds of lives probably saved right there.
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Rodrigo Duterte would be having a field day.
If this is the veterinarian form of Fentanyl from China it is much more potent than that used on humans.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(October 15, 2017 at 5:56 pm)chimp3 Wrote: If this is the veterinarian form of Fentanyl from China it is much more potent than that used on humans.

Extremely dangerous carfentanil drug reaches STL area
Glad they got it out of circulation. How the fuck do you even pack that safely?

Got to admit, this made my opiate monster sit up and take notice.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.