Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 8:28 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Am Not Impressed
I Am Not Impressed
Not that I would have ever voted for the republicunt shithead but Senator Jeff Flake's ( and the slightly earlier statements of Tenn. Sen. Bob Corker ) denouncing the egomaniacal fucktard in the White House demonstrate the exact wrong way to combat the WLB.  Having denounced him publicly you do not then stand there and say that you are running away from the fight.  You have made it too easy for the shithead.  He's happy when his enemies go away.  Sure, for the next two years you can oppose his idiotic and ruinous policies and maybe convince enough of your senate pals to go along with you so he doesn't completely trash the country but at the end of the day you have simply made it easier for tea bagging cunts to replace you.  Having shown that it is possible for republicunts to grow a set of balls you promptly cut them off and fled the field.

Flake's decision does not matter to me.  I would be voting for the Democrat anyway because, yes Snowflakes, they are the lesser of two evils, but the likely candidate to replace Flake as the republicunt nominee is a nutty broad named Kelli Ward who even the republicunts think is insane.

But I don't have much confidence in Arizona voters.  I imagine they will elect this stupid bitch in 2018.  As long as they have someone who calls for machine-gunning Mexicans at the border they are happy.

And when she is there, Flake, it will be your fault for being gutless.
RE: I Am Not Impressed
Arizona is still the Democrat's best chance at picking up a seat next year.

https://fivethirtyeight.com/features/how...nate-race/
(October 25, 2017 at 1:23 pm)Minimalist Wrote: I Am Not Impressed

You were. No human has ever existed handwritten.
(October 25, 2017 at 2:24 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Arizona is still the Democrat's best chance at picking up a seat next year.

They left out the caution:  "If the Hispanics get off their asses and vote."
(October 25, 2017 at 4:16 pm)Minimalist Wrote:
(October 25, 2017 at 2:24 pm)Tiberius Wrote: Arizona is still the Democrat's best chance at picking up a seat next year.

They left out the caution:  "If the Hispanics get off their asses and vote."

If people don't get off their asses to vote in 2018, they deserve Trump.

However at the same time I'm aware that there are numerous attempts to keep minorities and the poor from voting.
And Sinema, although she is a democrat, is far from a "progressive."  Still, better than Flake and far better than that whack-job Ward.
(October 25, 2017 at 4:43 pm)Minimalist Wrote: And Sinema, although she is a democrat, is far from a "progressive."  Still, better than Flake and far better than that whack-job Ward.

So naturally Ward will win.

I'm always struck by how the old Deep South retains (deservedly) its reputation for being ass-backward, but the Sun Belt largely gets a pass. You guys are fucking nuts.