Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 10:03 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
1257 ace, will BLOW your mind
1257 ace, will BLOW your mind
If this volcano can kill people in Europe and drop the temp of the planet 1 degree, imagine the destruction it would cause today if the same level explosion happened today. Americans forget, Yellowstone is sitting on a mega volcano.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1257_Samalas_eruption

I was just watching the show NOVA which had an episode about this particular eruption.

We've been lucky as a planet so far but it isn't a matter of if, but when.
RE: 1257 ace, will BLOW your mind
good ep of Nova there
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Lucky as a planet? 

No.

Lucky as humans, maybe.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 29, 2017 at 10:15 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Lucky as a planet? 

No.

Lucky as humans, maybe.

That is what a meant.

They planet isn't a living thing, so it doesn't give a shit if it is an ice ball or bubbling heat ball, it has been both over it's 4 billion years. My point is when another mega volcano does explode in the future, life is going to get really rough if not make us go extinct as a species.

(October 29, 2017 at 10:02 am)vorlon13 Wrote: good ep of Nova there

Yea it was. It was scary when they put the graphs overlaying the land still there showing how tall it was before the eruption. Talk about HOLY FUCKING SHIT!

The blast sent ash and rocks 4 miles up. "MOMMY!"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Blow Your Nativity Out Your Ass Minimalist 21 4420 December 19, 2014 at 5:06 am
Last Post: Thumpalumpacus