Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 23, 2024, 11:02 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Prophecies
Prophecies
Hello all!

It's been a long time! It appears as though my extended absence from the forum has caused some changes to my account and you won't be able to verify any previous reputation. For those of you who remember me, something has recently happened in my life, and I just had to come back and share it.

My ex recently decided to warn me of the impending doom that is surrounding us at this very moment. I was astonished at the lack of self awareness she had while disclosing the details of her beliefs. Clearly, people who are crazy do not know that they are crazy, because only a crazy person would think that this story could be a convincing story to an unbeliever without recognizing the intellectual forfeit that it costs to make such claims as:

-A goat demon with female breasts "Apollyon" has just been freed by an asteroid that struck Portal Mountain in Antarctica, blowing a hole in the bottomless pit that God has been keeping it in. Apollyon is waiting for it's mate, the "Screechowl" and when they are joined, "Everyone is screwed". God is subduing the demon while Jesus collects his church, but the demon has been working with the pope, to create a more accepting culture for gender confused humans (hence the female breasts on the demon) and pretty soon, it is going to destroy all nonbelievers. She said that right now, it can only torment the minds that are not protected by God, and that I owe it to my Son to change my ways. She says, and I think this is the funniest part..."If after reading the details of this prophecy I cannot be convinced, then the wool is just too thick over my eyes"...HOLY SHIT!!!!

She believes she has "Super Powers" to read the bible and see the events on the news that were foretold and see the prophecy being fulfilled. Clearly, she is unaware of a little thing called "Confirmation Bias"...

Luckily, I got her to nail down a specific deadline, and she says that "Definitely the end of November" will be the rapture.." So, I think December will be a fun month!
RE: Prophecies
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_da...tic_events
Yup! I tried to explain, but she's convinced that she has exclusive knowledge of the truth. Once someone has made that jump, the wall has been firmly erected to prevent any rational explanation from getting through.
Unless you have some say in custody get ready to bite the bullet when it comes to you sons education. My ex turned fundy on me when my son was four. Divorce came four yrs later and she (being female) ended up with full custody. Next thing I know it's home school time. Lawyers said unless I can show some form of abuse or neglect that the court will recognize I have no say. Has fucked him up to this day and he's now 30. 

Hopefully there is no Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite in her and her fundy friends. 

Oh, and Welcome Woof!
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
(October 29, 2017 at 10:26 am)The Reality Salesman01 Wrote: Yup! I tried to explain, but she's convinced that she has exclusive knowledge of the truth. Once someone has made that jump, the wall has been firmly erected to prevent any rational explanation from getting through.

Of course. But you can still have some fun with it. Show the list to her. When she looks it over you point out that she has had a moment of doubt. That means she's going to Hell. As she wouldn't want any Hell-bound person making educational decisions for her child she has to recuse herself from the whole process. 

In other words, fuck with her head.
tell her about heptaclavianism and the biblical justification for it
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Salesman! Welcome back! You know me as Ivy. Nice to have you back.

My ex’s girlfriend is a catechism teacher. She wants my kids to do all that Catholic stuff. Lucky for me, I talked some sense into my ex before we split up, and he prefers to keep my kids out of churchy stuff. Safe! Hope everything turns out fine for your son, yo!
"Hipster is what happens when young hot people do what old ladies do." -Exian
You left your son alone with this woman? I think homeschooling your kid because you're antiscience, and you want the bible to be their primary source of information when dealing with a modern world should count as abuse.
Poe's Law: "Without a winking smiley or other blatant display of humor, it is impossible to create a parody of Fundamentalism that SOMEONE won't mistake for the real thing."

10 Christ-like figures that predate Jesus. Link shortened to Chris ate Jesus for some reason...
http://listverse.com/2009/04/13/10-chris...ate-jesus/

Good video to watch, if you want to know how common the Jesus story really is.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88GTUXvp-50

A list of biblical contradictions from the infallible word of Yahweh.
http://infidels.org/library/modern/jim_m...tions.html

(October 29, 2017 at 10:27 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Unless you have some say in custody get ready to bite the bullet when it comes to you sons education. My ex turned fundy on me when my son was four. Divorce came four yrs later and she (being female) ended up with full custody. Next thing I know it's home school time. Lawyers said unless I can show some form of abuse or neglect that the court will recognize I have no say. Has fucked him up to this day and he's now 30. 

Hopefully there is no Jim Jones or Marshall Applewhite in her and her fundy friends. 

Oh, and Welcome Woof!

Thank God I have 50% custody!

(October 29, 2017 at 10:58 am)Chad32 Wrote: You left your son alone with this woman? I think homeschooling your kid because you're antiscience, and you want the bible to be their primary source of information when dealing with a modern world should count as abuse.

I agree. And if she allows him to miss a single day of school I'll have her in court to have our custody re-evaluated faster than she can say "Hallelujah"! My sister in law is a child psychologist. She works for the state to evaluate children for custody disputes. She's keeping me very informed of the way to handle this going forward.

(October 29, 2017 at 10:39 am)J a c k Wrote: Salesman! Welcome back! You know me as Ivy. Nice to have you back.

My ex’s girlfriend is a catechism teacher. She wants my kids to do all that Catholic stuff. Lucky for me, I talked some sense into my ex before we split up, and he prefers to keep my kids out of churchy stuff. Safe! Hope everything turns out fine for your son, yo!

Hey IVY! Thanks, and I like your new name...it's my son's name! Wink

(October 29, 2017 at 10:29 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:
(October 29, 2017 at 10:26 am)The Reality Salesman01 Wrote: Yup! I tried to explain, but she's convinced that she has exclusive knowledge of the truth. Once someone has made that jump, the wall has been firmly erected to prevent any rational explanation from getting through.

Of course. But you can still have some fun with it. Show the list to her. When she looks it over you point out that she has had a moment of doubt. That means she's going to Hell. As she wouldn't want any Hell-bound person making educational decisions for her child she has to recuse herself from the whole process. 

In other words, fuck with her head.
OH, I've been fucking with her alright. As for her head, she's got that foil hat on there pretty tight! She's not at all concerned about her beliefs being logically coherent from one statement to another. For example, in one sentence she can condemn science as an unreliable conspiracy, and in the same breath, make a statement about a scheduled EMP that is foretold in the Bible. When pressed for supporting information, she cites an unrelated NASA discovery! I asked her why NASA was all of he sudden a credible source. After all, the people that work there think the earth is round and are spreading lies about it being older than she thinks. She's absolutely bonkers...
She needs to see a shrink.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prophecies about Trump becoming president scoobysnack 36 5266 January 9, 2017 at 4:52 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  the pessimistic prophecies of 2 Timothy 3 Coffee Jesus 10 3018 May 1, 2014 at 3:37 am
Last Post: Godscreated
  Biblical prophecies - Are they any? SwedishAtheist 22 6309 February 20, 2013 at 1:10 pm
Last Post: junkyardboy